Saturday, October 13, 2007

Family Love


10 of the people in this picture ran the marathon. For 2 of my uncles it was their 10th year doing so. My mom is in the middle in red, Erica is behind my mom to the right of her in blue and I am to the left of her in navy. My mom had t-shirts made (the baby blue ones that say OTTCREW on them that Gma Jo has on to the left). All of the non-runners were just there to cheer us in. I just have to say I love my family. If it wasn't for them, I would have never done it. I had never thought about running a marathon until my mom ran it last year. I am so glad that my SIL Erica and cousin Annie (next to my mom on the right) were there to take the plunge for the first time. It helped not being the only first timer! It was such an amazing experience, and to share it with so many family members was priceless. Love you! See you again in 2009!

10 comments:

510Jen said...

Congrats Jen, you are my idol. I would love to hear more. One question would you do it again? I am just proud of you for doing it this time.

Jen said...

Oh definitely! I am going to shoot for 2009. Although, I really want to run the Disney World one, I want to casually run a couple of marathons between having kids- and then really kick it up when I am done and get serious about training!

Sarah said...

Jen I think you are one of those fortunate ones that were actually made to run. Way to go I'm so proud of you. Seriously!

Nancy K said...

GO YOU! I am definately impressed!

Chereebee said...

You ROCK Jen!!!!
I just love you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We rock girl! I've decided I actually do want to do it again! I think Disney World would be great! I'm with you on that one!! See you soon!!

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

What an athlete! I am so impressed... your time was awesome, and you look SO GREAT after running a dang MARATHON. Way to go Jen, hopefully I can have the same positive experience next year :) at the St. George Marathon.

Bullard Family said...

So proud of you Jen! Way to go!

Heather O'Brien said...

GOOD JOB! That's so fun that you got to run it with family and have such a support there! You go girl!

hayleyharts said...

Jen I love you!! You did it! That is so awesome..You make me proud!