Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Recap and A request for advice




We had AMAZING weather on Halloween- at least 75 all day and then 60's at night while we were out trick or treating. AMAZING. I pushed Andrew in the stroller while Chris took Nate door to door. He did great. He would yell trick or treat at every door and even meowed for them! One lady gave him a toy mouse! He did not want to stop, but his paws were dragging and head was flopped to the side- we knew it was time to stop. Can't wait for next year when Andy can go too.



I need any suggestions from you guys on how to teach your kids about the true meaning of Christmas and how to keep Christmas Christ centered. This is our first CHristmas that Nate will really understand what is going on and so I want to start it off right and start some good traditions. PLEASE PLEASE give me some ideas!
Love, jen

3 comments:

Chereebee said...

one of my friends does this and I think it's a great idea.... she tells her kids that they can ask for 3 things from santa because that's how many gifts jesus received from the wisemen. I just might start doing that with my kiddos this year :)

Heather O'Brien said...

Cute cute. Hallie just adores Nate. I was downloading my pics and she saw one of him and got this huge smile and says, "oohh. Nate!" I think she has a crush!

Anonymous said...

Every year I have my kids write out a list of how we can serve each other and others. We always do the straw/manger idea to make the manger nice and cozy for Baby Jesus on Christmas. I also have my kids pick out a $5-10 gift that they would like and give that gift to the Salvation Army or other charity. I also have a statue of Santa kneeling in front of Baby Jesus in the manger and read the story that goes along with that.