Sunday, December 7, 2008

Blessed Baby

Russell Men
Great Grandpa Rich, Chris, Nate, Uncle Jon, Andrew and Kapka (Grandpa Steve)

My family
Uncle Ben, Aunt Erica (and 5 mo. baby bump), Cousin Lauren
Grandpa Harold, Grandma Amy, Nate
Chris, me, Andrew


November 30th Chris blessed Andrew. We were lucky enough to have family join us, including Chris's grandparents from Atlanta and Chris's brother home from California. Though I could not hear it, Chris said Andrew was cooing and laughing during the blessing. Thank goodness because I couldn't get him to sleep before that so he was very tired. Doesn't that always happen? Thanks for making the effort to join us family. We sure love you.

True story- When we were saying goodbye to Chris's grandparents the night before they flew home I told Nate to give Grandpa Rich a hug and Nate said, in front of Rich, "No, he's grouchy!" I was so embarrassed, but Rich only replied, "Perceptive!" Thank goodness he has a sense of humor!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

First, thanks for the glimps of prego Erica, since I know she won't post any of herself;) Congrats. Glad so many of your family was able to be there. Good family pic of all of you on your header.

Madsen Family said...

LOL, I love hearing what little kids say. They are so honest! Your boys are sooo darling. There is nothing that brings a bigger smile to my face than seeing two little brothers together!

Abby said...

Cute photos and congrats on the blessing! Also, I love your top in that second photo (the only one you are in, I guess).

The new last name is Waldrip--it's an adjustment;)

Sarah said...

I love the new top picture, by the way. It is so cute! and I wish we could have been there. I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Ash is right...I do not like pictures of myself preggo. ;-) So glad we could be there on Andrew's special day! We miss you guys, can't wait to see you soon! How was the Polar Express??

Chelsea said...

I love your new family picture! You are so beautiful!
ps-- I couldn't blame my cooking on our oven--it's less than a year old, or believe me I would :)

[RochelleG] said...

Wish we could have been there!