Monday, January 12, 2009

R S V

***Anyone who tried to link to the Chipmunk song down below, I have now linked it to the correct one. Sorry about that.

Rewind: New Year's Eve week Nate had an awful, awful cold. The following week Andy got it. He pretty much stopped nursing all together. I was pumping enough to releave the pressure, but not all of it. I got mastitis... again. I was complaining to my mom during our daily morning phone call that "when it rains, it pours". Nate was still sick. I was sick. Andrew was sick. And Chris started work that day too. A few hours later she showed up at my house with a treat for Nate, stuff to make homemade chicken noodle soup for me (my fav!) and magazines. I have never had more fun being sick! We watched movies, ate treats and hung out for 3 days! She convinced me to take Andy to the doctor where we found out he had rsv and an ear infection. She stayed over 2 nights to take care of Andy so I could sleep! And then completely redecorated my sorry little student housing apartment on top of it!! I will have to post picks of my new drapes, wall words, frames, etc. You are amazing Mom! Thank you! I am so lucky to have a mother like you.



Giving Andy his breathing treatment
Ever since I left for college whenever I miss my mom this song comes to mind. It was from the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie (click here) that had the hot air balloon race in it. And every time I watch that part of the movie I sob. Thanks for always being there when I need you, Mom.

It's hard to remember
Summer or winter
She hasn't been there for me
A friend and companion
I can always depend on
My mother...that's who I need
I've taken for granted
The seeds that she's planted
She's always behind everythig
A teacher, a seeker
I'll go far to reach her
My mother, that's who I need
I wish I could slow down
The hands of time
Keep things the way they are
If she said so, I would give her the world
If I could, I would
My love and my laughter
From here ever after
Is all that she says that she needs
A friend and companion
I could always depend on
My mother, that's who I need
My mother, that's who I need
That's who I need

11 comments:

ayoungblut said...

wow! that's quite a thank you note! I loved loved the song. Who would have thunk... a chipmunk song!

Stephanie said...

Wow! That almost makes me want to get sick. Hope you're all feeling better.

Nancy K said...

I love your mom--doesn't everyone need a mom like that! And yuck about all the sickness!

Carly said...

You know I totally love that song! So sorry to hear about you and the kids being sick. And I can't wait to see the pictures of you place. I got that laptop for $20.00 at Target. Way cheap! And she LOVES it!!! I hope to see you soon!

Spliz said...

we've had RSV around here, too--it's the worst! Glad everyone is feeling better, and you had some fun, too.
(And ALSO I'm so glad you linked to that movie. I was trying to describe it to a friend of mine a few months ago, and she thought I was insane.)

[RochelleG] said...

RSV = No good! It was so cute to hear Andy's little voice the other day on the phone, I almost told you to stop talking to I could listen to him! But that would have been rude. What a cute little guy.

Ashley said...

Grandma Amy is the best! Gotta say she has been the bestest Auntie too.
Hope you and the bebes are feeling better... no fun. Definitely have a recent story of when it rains it pours... in fact, maybe I will go post about it!

Turley Family said...

Sorry to hear about the RSV! Hope you all get better soon! Don't you just love moms! I wish I lived close to mine!

[S Rizzle] said...

Sorry about the sick stuff, but I will bet you were grateful to have her there. So fun!

Unknown said...

Jen, I found your blog through Ben & Erica's and we just did this exact same thing! Both kids...both ear infections and RSV and breathing treatments...ugh. What a blessing to have your Momma there with you to help out!! *By the way, this is Ann Nicks (Waite) from Hudson back in the day!!

Heidi Miller said...

Sounds just like my week last week. I posted it on our blog too, but just the part about Rebekah getting RSV and pneumonia. I and Alex were sick sick sick the week before we took her in. Doesn't it all just make you want to live somewhere warm forever!? Rebekah just came home from the hospital today actually. No fun. I hope you guys are feeling better. It seems like everyone has RSV right now!