Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day

Recently I read it a book that May baskets were decorated and made extra special as a sign of affection and delivered secretly to your crush. If your crush caught you delivering the basket, he got to kiss you. This was news to me. Maybe that is why I didn't get my first kiss until I was 16...

I am going to risk jinxing it and declare that Spring is here! While walking to the movie store (we walk there so often Nate thinks ever time we go for a walk we are going to the movie store) I spotted a 3 headed Dandelion. Freak of nature, indeed.














Chris finished law school this week. I told him the night before it felt like Christmas Eve. The next day I picked him up from his last final. When we were walking into the house it feel very much like bringing a new baby home from the hospital- the start of something new, a new beginning. Or, to take a line from Bride Wars, it was like I was dead and graduation was the start of my life. So I guess technically right now I am dead (as we really don't graduate until the 16th). Okay, so I am being a little dramatic but I know you know what I am talking about. We have had fun the last 6 years of marriage, but we have talked so much about what we would do when we are done with school, making plans and dreams- and now we get to start living them! Goodbye, giant R2D2 that is the Iowa Law School. You will probably not be missed.....
Chris and Nate camped out that night to celebrate. Who is this guy? At the end of semesters past, Chris would have played Halo all night with his buddies in celebration. Now he takes his son camping for the first time even though rain is forecasted. What a guy. We are so lucky.
Next adventure is back up to Waterloo/Hudson ( I was there all last week with BRIAN! That needs a whole post dedicated to that) Mike is coming home and the infamous Hudson garage sales are this weekend. I really want to find some accent chair to reupholster for our new apartment.
Happy May Day!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Happy May Day to you! If we had a maypole we could dance around it in celebration of the end of the student years! Congratulations -- that's great! I guess the bar is next?? We'll be thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

Wow what an exciting time this must be for you guys! a true accomplishment ... for both of you! i hope all of your dreams and plans become realities soon ... you certainly deserve it after all! oh how i wish you could teach me to reupholster a chair properly! miss u!

Ashley said...

Happy May Day indeed! Congratulations! What a fun summer you all will have I am sure.

Heather O'Brien said...

Oh Jen! This makes me sad reading. I'm surely going to miss you. Congrats to Chris! That is so awesome. Hope you found some goods garage selling. What am I going to do without my partner in crime? Love your guts. See you tomorrow.

Rachel said...

JEN! You guys are done? now what? I am so jealous...I can almost taste post-school freedom...and we have three years left. Boo.