Today is Nate's birthday. The last year of his life we have moved 3 times (to Milwaukee, back to Iowa City, and back to Milwaukee), had a baby, got a cat (more on that to come). He too survived all 3 years of law school with me. He's my buddy. He is the one who is helping me get through this move. Last night he hugged me and said, "mom, you're my bestest friend". He immediately went and hugged the cat and said the same thing, but I won't let it phase me. I love this little boy through and through and had loved having him in my life the last 3 years. What a Birth DAY is for a 3 year old:
Wake up to decorations and mom making homemade cinn rolls (ask for recipe- SO GOOD! Thanks Aunt Shelley!!)
Go to the Children's Museum with Gaga (Chris's mom came in town last night to spend the day with us)
Go get lunch at BK so that he could get "a toddler toy"
Nap, yes even BD boys need naps
We were suppose to go to the pool next, but it was too cold so we played with his new super soakers instead. Best water gun for a toddler! You put the gun on this base that fills the water in 15 seconds then you push a button to release it and pull the trigger, not over and over again like some of the water guns that are hard for kids his age to work.
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers, emails, phone calls and text messages the last month. We were a bit overwhelmed with traveling a lot (state soccer tourney, visit Dazi when she returned to the US, Caden's baptism) while trying to unpack, marathon train (SO time consuming!) and get settled and now we are gearing up for all of my family minus Brian (tear) coming here for the 4th of July weekend, then one more trip back to Iowa, the Bar exam and things should slow down.. by then we will be in to August and getting ready for Nate to start preschool. WHERE DID SUMMER GO?! So that is what my deal has been. I am not falling apart, it is just crazy busy around here! Love you guys!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Nate. I can't believe he is three and all grown up.
Have a sweet 4th of July. Enjoy the summer.
So good to hear that life is good, crazy but good.
Cute little boys, hard to believe Nate is 3. Holy Cow!
Love that you are "back" to posting.
It was nice to catch up! I've been bad too! We moved to Wyoming a couple of weeks ago and I'm having the same feelings as you are! It's good, but hard! Tell everyone hi!
Happy Birthday Nate! He's adorable. I love that kid. Look like Hallie and him did the same thing on their b-day. I miss you! You should come to Texas :).
Post a Comment