Friday, July 10, 2009

Thank you, Mom!




Last weekend my family was here for the 4th and my mom stayed for an extra week to do projects with me. How lucky am I? Well, the week got to a slow start... we did some shopping at fun places I have spotted since I moved here, but wanted a girlfriend to go with, but we got the one main big project done that I could not do- reupholster my garage sale chair. This summer we went to a couple of garage sales in search for a cheap chair to reupholster. We struck out and then right before calling it quits my mom said, let's try one more. We did and found this cute chair for $15. The fabric was ugly, but the frame was in good shape and the foam was like new. Sold. I bought the fabric from Jo Ann's.... (after moving to Milwaukee I would call my mom every few days and beg her to check and see if my fabric was on sale and when it finally went on sale we bought everything they had- which wasn't enough so I had to track more down).
So she worked like crazy at night and while the boys were napping so that she could play good grandma during the day. She's amazing. I am so lucky to have her has a friend and mom. We had such a good time. One night at 11pm while working on it she said, "Let's quit and watch Confessions of a Shopaholic". So we did! And then just got right back up and worked again the next day. I love you mom! I wish you lived closer. I do love when you come do my projects for me:) and teach me how to do things (I think I will be able to do the next one....) but I really just love spending time with you! Thank you for an amazing, beautiful chair. I just love it and every time I look at it I think of you!

6 comments:

hayleyharts said...

Jen. I love it! ok can you tell me how you did that. you even did the cording..you need to e-mail because I have been wanting to do a chair like for my bedroom but I have no idea how to do it...and I am afraid it will look like a piece of crap..i am just so impressed..you are so talented!!!

Nancy K said...

LOVE IT! And yes, thank goodness for moms!

[RochelleG] said...

Very chic. Your mother's talent is such an advantage!

Amy said...

i want that chair. nice work ladies! (although i must say, i'm not suprised, you two are so talented).

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

That is the most beautiful chair! Perfect fabric, I love it! What a talent, I have always wanted to learn how to reupholster. Teach me!!

Anonymous said...

this makes me want to upholster a chair too! gorgeous and hooray for crafty talented moms to help us!