Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Design Dilemma


I removed a shelf on that open part of the bookshelf to break up the monotony and add a point of interest.... but I don't know what my point of interest should be. Should I put a picture there? A mirror? Vases, bowls, things of that sort? Another angled shelf like the one with Audubon's Birds of America on it? Or just put the shelf back in the middle?

7 comments:

Abby said...

That is a great wall unit! I like the idea of a cool vase, bowl, or small statue of some sort--or maybe a plant in a vase or bowl?

Stephanie said...

I vote floral. In some cool, chunky silver vase.

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for flowers in a funky vase.

Trudy said...

I say, leave it empty until something jumps out at you and you know it goes there. It will happen, because you're so good at this.

Trudy said...

I really think the shelves look GOOD, by the way!

[RochelleG] said...

I say you get the Pressick Candle Lanterns from Potterybarn that are on clearance. They come in green blue red orange and clear. They are all different heights and would go well with the greens and blues of your furniture and pull out some of the book colors!

ayoungblut said...

I love your chair! I love your shelves. You are really good at this!