Thursday, July 8, 2010

Catch up

I am the luckiest girl alive.
I am living a great life.
Every day is so full.


I usually can't wait to crawl in to bed at night I am so exhausted.



This is why I do not blog.


I am back logged on pictures... about 6 months.... so I will just pick a few to update you on the highlights. Due to overwhelming amount of photos, there will be no editing. Someday, right?



April:

I bought some sweet chairs from Craigslist for dirt cheap (and also bought some clippers and started cutting Nate's hair so it doesn't get this long anymore, thank goodness!)
I still don't know how I want to redo them but I love the shape of them and the cane pattern on the side. So graphic. I love how the pattern is such a blend of modern and traditional right now

Exhibit A.


The chairs are currently pushed together and used as a pirate ship, as demonstrated above.





In April we also learned that Andy's crib can hold the weight of a parent.

All parties were excited about this discovery.



May:
It rained a lot.
And since water is to Andy as syrup is to Nate... it was a good month

Nate had fun too.



Then we went hiking.
My boys (all 3 of them) are never as happy as they are when they are outside.


especially when you add mud...

dad...

birdies...
and a whole field (literally) of dandy lions ripe for the picking



our hike ended at the lake
Have I told you how much I love living on Lake Michigan?
(building a dam)....(because we like play with rocks and water)
eventually we had to call it a day because Andy's lips were turning blue (the water is cold even on a hot day)



Milwaukee also has great museums and Mil County residents get in free on certain week days.

We like to pick Chris up during his lunch and spend an hour there (I bring him lunch and he eats it in the car while we drive over the the museum so he can use his lunch to play with the boys= amazing dad)


I went back to Iowa mid-May for my youngest brother, Chris's high school graduation. Nate loved it because cousins Caden and Lauren live there.
Lauren: I want my mommy
Nate: what does that mean mom?
me: that she's lonely and misses her mom
Nate: oooh Lauren, but if you leave I will miss YOU!
Lauren: Come here ya big teddy bear (and gives him a hug)
These two crack me up when they are together

The family got together to celebrate Caden's birthday that week too.
And Brian brought home from BYU his girlfriend, Becky. As you can tell, she fit right in

We came home, unpacked, went to a board meeting for the preschool (I am going to be president next year.... doin what I can to prep for the PTA ya know;) and had a great last week of school for Nate
This is Nate's bff Winfield.
He's in our ward.
He lives down the street.
He has a wonderful mom.
He likes Legos.
Another thing we love about Whitefish Bay

This is Carolyn.
They hold hands during carpet time.
She has a great mom.
She lives in Whitefish Bay too (just not down the street)
She's going to private catholic school next year.
sigh.


Okay. Chris just got home, so I am getting off the computer. More tomorrow?

4 comments:

Trudy said...

Love this entry. It shows why you really should blog more, Jen. You have a gift for it.

Jon said...

great pictures! Thanks Jenny!

Carly said...

WONDERFUL! Just what I needed to hear from you. :)

Abby said...

Love it.

"They hold hands during carpet time." Haha!