Saturday, October 20, 2007

My latest love


I finally joined you all and read the Twlight series (thanks for the books Kim and Sarah). I have to tell you, I had to make myself go to bed at 2 or 3 in the morning. I couldn't put them down- I finished each book in about a day and couldn't wait for the next one. So, I want to know all of you who have read them, Stephanie Meyer said that she is going to write this story in another point of view, a parallel series. Since the last chapter was written in Jacob's p.o.v. do you think that the next series will follow him? I am sorry but gag. No thanks. Who would you want the series to follow? I know the book due out next fall- Breaking Dawn will finish the Twilight series. I think/hope that will still be in Bella's p.o.v. and I know she wrote Midnight Sun from Edward's p.o.v. but she isn't going to write more than that book... I thought.

6 comments:

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Hey Jen - I am glad you liked the books. I am just re-reading the entire series and am almost done with Eclipse again. Sooo good even the second time around. Check out Stephanie Meyer's web site for info. on her upcoming books. She actually has started re-writing Twilight from Edward's point of view and it is titled Midnight Sun (I think). You can read the first chapter of the book on her website!
But after re-reading the books again I do like Jacob more now. He does get pretty messed over in the books but I don't think she will write any of the books in his point of view - he isn't a main enough character until book 3. But I do have a question for all you readers out there (and I do realize I am a dork and asking questions about a piece of fiction but oh well!) - Do you think Jacob imprinted on Bella? I just picked up on some clues throughout Eclipse I didn't really pay attention to the first time I read it.

Jen said...

No he didn't. THis is from Stephanie's website:

Q. Did Jacob imprint on Bella?

A. No. And this is how you can be sure: in New Moon, after the first time Jacob becomes his wolf phase, he is mean to Bella. He won’t tell her what is wrong. He says he can’t see her anymore. If he’d imprinted on Bella in that moment (and it happens the first time you see the person after you’ve phased), he would have answered all her questions. Pretty much, he would have given her anything in the world she wanted. (When he’s staring at her on the bottom of page 173 in Eclipse, he’s trying to make himself imprint on her. But that’s not something you can force.)

Sarah said...

HAHAHA...girls girls girls. You make me laugh. Only because now I know that I am not the only one that is obsessing about these books. Tricia YOU MAKE ME LAUGH! Jen the fact that you found the answer for her makes me laugh. Because I had the same question and found the answer for myself the same night I finished reading the third book. TOO FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

These comments are really funny! My sister brought these books for me to read when she was here. I read them quickly too, Jen, every night when I was up in the middle of the night feeding Drew. I really liked them, except some parts were just a little too cheesy for me (I'm not so much a sucker for all the mushy stuff). But I was definitely hooked! And I am with Tricia in that I didn't think Jacob was too bad. Do you guys want Bella to become a vampire, because I kinda don't...

Bullard Family said...

o.k. so I read the first book in the series, and like all of you I finished it really quickly. I then was kindove turned off by all the waiting lists for the books at the library, and got into some other books. So if anyone out there has the next book I would love to borrow it!! Chelise I am with you, all the mushy stuff, not really me, at times I was kindove embarassed to be reading it. But, they are totally addicting.

Elise said...

hello jen ... I know random person. You know how is goes,on one person's blog and you check out their friends blogs... well rochelle just got my hooked on this series!! I too can't put them down. Stephenie Meyer is such an amazing writer!!