Saturday, January 26, 2008

Gelato, YUM!


Tonight Chris' parents came over after Nate was down so we could go out on a mini-date. We went to Capanna for some gelato off the recommendation from our friends the Dixs. THANK YOU! It was so de-lish! And here is the great part- it has up to 70% less fat than ice cream! Check out their website
http://www.capannacoffee.com/gelato
For those that live here there are 2 locations, one up by Stoddards and Streets and one in the ped mall. I know it isn't really the season for frozen treats... but just do what I did- wrap a napkin around your dish to keep your hand warm- OH! Here is the best part! You can get muliple flavors- the bigger the dish size, the more flavors you can get! Bambino= 2 flavors all the way up to Grandissimo = 5 flavors. I got a grandissimo with 2 flavors, Berry also Chocolate Peanut Butter. It was like having a chocolate cake with berries on top- so good! Okay, just thinking about it makes me want more!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

NO WAY...70% fat free? I AM SO THERE! We need to go...seriously.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

It is really good. And get a card so you can get a free one after you buy like 100 (ok, I think is really 10). We don't want Lauren to know there is one right by our house because she will want to go everyday. I already created a monster because she thinks she gets one every time we go to the IC Lib. It is hard to say no though when they are so good!

Swensons said...

What a fun little date idea! Thanks Jen... LOVE ICE CREAM!!!

Jessie Riley said...

WE.LOVE.THIS.PLACE.TOO!
YUMMY!

Emily said...

I've been wondering about it, so we'll have to try it!

Stephanie said...

It's basically my favorite thing ever.

Anonymous said...

oh i miss the luxury of having a GELATO shop nearby! SOOOOO yummy & seriously the best! enjoy a nice big LARGE ONE for me, will ya?!