Thursday, March 27, 2008

17 week update


Today I had my 17 week appointment and was really hoping they would schedule my ultrasound for next week since galpal H.O. had her ultrasound at 18weeks. NO! They said they would call to set it up between 20-22 weeks... another 3-5 weeks! Augh! So while we wait, let me know what you guys think we are having! Vote in the sidebar. Chris says boy.... I think girl still.... but would like a boy because it would be so much easier and CHEAPER right now (since we already have everything!) Our families are pretty split. I have been feeling the baby move a ton the last 2 weeks which has been really fun. I remember coming home from my 17 wk. apt. with Nate and the dr. asked if I had felt the baby move and I said no and she said that I would soon. Cheree told me to drink warm milk right before I went to bed and lay in bed and I would feel him move- and it worked! I remember almost being in tears, what a wonderful, comforting feeling it is!

13 comments:

Rachel said...

oh I would be so anxious to find out! boys are nice to have close together so they can be buddies and entertain one another, but girls are so sweet and you can dress them up! Either way, you are pretty darn lucky.

Heather O'Brien said...

oh bummer about the ultrasound. You find out way soon though! I can't wait to see. P.S. Am I galpal H.O.? I'm kinda dumb. If I am it was 19 weeks, so that's only one week before you'll know :)

Sarah said...

It is fun to feel the baby move. I can say I enjoy that, but that's about it! :-) I think you are having a girl!

Sarah said...

How fun that you have started feeling the his/her movements. SOOO fun.

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

I know a boy would be cheaper, but I really want to see the little russell girl... I KNOW she is going to be SO BEAUTIFUL! Oh and I was so flattered that Nate wanted to find "Kim's Keys", the way he says my name melts my heart. I love that little guy! I know he is a hott item, but how about an arranged marriage? Kallie's cute right?? ha.

Nancy K said...

Can't wait until you get it scheduled. Ummm...it is so nice to have the same gender-we have had fun not varying even the third time, but I am going to vote you are going to have a girl. Boy or girl they are lucky to have you for a mom!

Carly said...

I totally called Heather the other day when I heard about the concert! I wasn't sure if you would want to come since your life is so stinkin crazy right now. You have to come that would be awesome!

Chereebee said...

At least you're closer at finding out them I am - I still have 6 more weeks! :) How fun that you're feeling the baby move - I love that!! I haven't felt the baby move yet but I'm only 13 weeks.
By the way, I think you've having another cute Russell BOY :)
MISS YOU!!

hayleyharts said...

Jen I can't handle this suspense! but I do too think another boy...he needs a bro! miss you lots..love hayley

Unknown said...

I voted boy and vaulted it 3 ahead of girl. Ladies, you have some catching up to. And by the way, this blog is a really great idea and well-organized.

Anonymous said...

This is your unborn SON. I am listed as "anonymous" because you haven't had the kindness to name me yet. I forgive you. But if this doesn't swing the vote in Dad's favor, I don't know what will. Also, goo goo ga ga.

Anonymous said...

Also, my uncle Jon is correct: this is the frickin' sweetest blog ever! Well done Mom.

Anonymous said...

neat trick with the milk! i remember waiting to hear was the worst .... we got tired of waiting and splurged on a private ultrasound so we could find out sooner than 25 weeks!