Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mr. Independent


Nate moved in to a toddler bed this week. The first night was hard, I ended up sleeping on the floor in his room. The second night he got up twice. By the end of the week, he was sleeping through the night. When he woke up in the morning the first day, he just stayed in bed and called for me. A few days later I never heard him wake up, only his door being closed shut- he woke up and started to play. This morning I woke up with him in my room! So he is definitely getting comfortable with his independence!



Hungry, why wait?! That is Nate's motto (okay, Snickers had it first, but it works for Nate too!) I was making dinner one night this week and Nate kept saying he was hungry. I tried to give him a piece of cheese and some carrots to snack on. That was not enough, pretty soon I found him with all of the cereal boxes, opened, on the kitchen floor. At least I know if he was ever left to his own means, he wouldn't starve!

9 comments:

Heidi Miller said...

Jen, I love these last few posts. :o) You have such a cute family. Thanks for the advice on the bunny ears. :o)

Sarah said...

Kids make the best messes!! They get big so fast!

Heather O'Brien said...

Cute cute. I love the toddler bed. Glad he's adjusting well. What is Hallie going to do when you leave nursery? ha ha. I think she wants you to adopt her.

Sarah said...

OH so cute! I love sleeping babies! I need to get Tilly a big girl bed.

Anonymous said...

What a cute bed!

Nancy K said...

Good for him for sleeping in the bed. Look what a big kid he is!

Anonymous said...

yeah for NATE! what a big boy! my kids are often digging in the cereal while I'm cooking too. I hate it! but it is a good thing that he knows where to find food if he's hungry!

Carly said...

Jen! Nate can't be in a toddler bed yet. I feel like Laney is always a few steps behind because she is younger and I am not ready for this step yet! :) We are totally moms of big kids now huh!?!?!?

hayleyharts said...

Jen I am so excited for you! Wow I can't believe you got him in his own big boy bed! Kate was three..so that is awesome..and he looks so much like chris to me! Miss you tons love hayley