
Friday night we went out for gelato with friends. On our drive home the interior lights started to fade. Chris tried to turn the dial up, but they were already at the brightest setting. He said, "I think we are losing power." We just replaced the battery the night before so I think it impossible. Within 30 seconds the car is completely dead! Where would be the absolute worse place to have your car die in Coralville on a Friday night at 7pm? On the strip turning into the mall, of course! Niiiice. Just days earlier I had told Chris we should just start the car on fire and start over with a new one. So when Chris got out of the car to wave people around (because the emergency flashers weren't sign enough that the car was dead!?) I opened the door and yelled to him, "Fire!" and he started laughing and agreed that I had been right. Luckily the husband of the friends we went with was coming over for a little H3 so he was behind us shortly. We pushed the car across the intersection into a parking lot. I took Nate home in the friends car and they waited and called tow trucks. At least, for once, there wasn't a blizzard this weekend. It would have made the whole fiasco that much better!
4 comments:
okay, you scared me! I thought that was your car on fire! That sucks. I'm sorry. Looks like you guys are feeling better. So glad!
Oh suckiness! Sorry to hear that. Never a fun situation. I too am glad that youweren't stuck in a blizzard.
Yikes! No fun. Don't you love cars and all their problems!? :o(
I'll let you guys buy one of our seriously sweet cars. ;)
Glad you guys made it home safe.
Post a Comment