Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend getaway


Wasserbahn... not 4 stars, but better than no stars! We went to Wasserbahn indoor water park this weekend for a little family getaway. We met my parents for dinner in Williamsburg Friday night (so they could drop off my little brother), did a little outlet shopping, then par-tayed!.... sort of
3rd time was a charm... we took Nate to the pool 3 times before he liked it!
[Attempt 1] Friday at 4:30 pm
reason for failure: really crowded, lots of noise
[Attempt 2] Friday at 7:30 pm
reason for failure: still really crowded, tired Nate, discovered the arcade
[Attempt 3] Saturday at 8am
SUCCESS! Just opened, not very may people- finally, Nate has fun!

It is a pretty small water park, so it was really packed the first few times we went. I was really glad we stayed over so that I could keep trying to see if Nate would get use to it. The crowded pool didn't bother Nate- his favorite part of the night was opening the hotel door and running in the hall. At one point I watched him walk up to doors and listen, if he could hear kids inside, he would say "knock-knock" and knock on the door! Oh yes, and I brought donuts- another highlight for Nate. Even though the actual destination was not 4 stars, it was so nice to just get away with our little family and do something just for fun!

Pictures above are: Nate on my lap (how attepmt 1 and 2 ended), my bro and Chris racing on the floating logs ( I dominated), Nate peaking out of the door, my bro and me and Nate, Chris and Nate playing in the arcade, Nate eating a donut running in the halls

7 comments:

Nancy K said...

3rd time is the charm. Glad it worked out!

Sarah said...

Fun fun fun! I'm glad you guys were able to go and have a fun weekend!

[BrookeO] said...

It does look like so much fun, I will take any stars these days! I was jealous when D told me you guys were going, swimming sounds like heaven right now!
Love ya.

Sarah said...

Cute bathing suit! Glad things worked out!

Anonymous said...

It is starting to feel like spring hearing about all that swimming! Looks like fun!

Carly said...

Jen my dear we need to be friends again! I miss you. I'm glad to see that you were at least hanging out with your wonderful little family instead of me. :) How much longer until the ultrasound??

Turley Family said...

I can't beileve he was shy with the pool! Madelynn asks every day if the pool is ready for swimming. It's been in the mis 80's this week, and she is ready to swim, but the water it still to cold. I am glad you got a little family vacation in before your crazy summer starts! We love you and are always thinkin of you annie