So after a weekend of the flu for Nate.....
And an ouchie finger that had to be drained by the doctor....... (was much worse than the picture shows)We are finally all healthy and trying to squeeze in some fun before we move! Here is what has been up to:
- March of Dimes with good friends Sarah, John David and baby Rocco
-playing outside because we had nice weather the first half of the week
-playing indoors at Gma Amy's because we had bad weather the second half of the week and we needed to get out of the house so dad could study for finals.
All day today Nate has been crying to go back to my parents. I can't blame him. I just packed all day today, while we were at my parents he:
-played with cousin Lauren
-snuggled and watched movies with the family especially Aunt Erica and Uncle Ben
-played with all the toys at my dad's gym (they have Little Tykes houses inside for the kids to play with along with a ton of toys- Nate loves it!)
-had lunch with Grandma, Grandpa, cousin Lauren, Aunt Erica, Uncle Ben and played in the tunnels at Burger King with Grandpa and cousin Lauren (my Dad got up there with them!!!)
-played on the power wheel tractor in the house
-ate lots of cookies Gma Amy made
-played on all the "big trucks" and tractors with my dad at the farm
I can't think about all the other fun things that he did... but grandparents are the best!! I will post some pictures once I get my mom to email them to me. My favorite quote of the weekend was when we were all hanging out at my parents house and Nate and Lauren pulled up 2 chairs and sat next to each other. Lauren said to Nate "Sit on my lap" then said "No wait, you're too big!" It was soo cute to hear that from a 2 year old, but funny because it is very true- his little cousin Nate IS a lot bigger than him! We are glad to live close to family!


8 comments:
You look great!! The flu is so bad with little ones. They just don't understand why they don't feel well!
I love this mini catch up post. I have been wondering what you guys have been up to!
Nate and I have the same smashed finger. I did the same thing to mine, only refused to have it drained..I'm now regretting it.
Love ya!
Jen- Poor nates finger that is so sad for him. We are glad that you joined us for the march and I must say I really think that pic of us is pretty cute!
i agree - grandparents are the best! my kids cry to go to theirs everynight almost (esp. when they get mad at me for making them go to bed at a decent hour or not letting them eat candy before dinner, like they get to do there). Your "bump" is oh so tiny .... you must be in some awesome shape from all that running! how neat you did the march of dimes ... so much in this post to comment on! i love how you caught us all up!
ps - i hear that you might be making a drive to minnesota in a few weeks?! we would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you guys ... D. tried to call c-russ but the number he has belongs to someone else now!
How fun. We need to play now that I'm back. You're leaving so soon! That is so sad about Nate's finger. Gross. And what baby bump? Loser. You don't have one.
Oh I love that first pic of you and Nate - SO TOO CUTE!!! And Nate's poor finger - OUCH!!
Hey stranger! In the first picture (so cute!) Nate looks like he has the same color hair as you do, maybe it's just the picture, but it is adorable.
Cute pic of you and nate! 6 miles! Yippy!
Post a Comment