Really. I do. I love to swing. I can remember swinging on a rope swing at my grandparent's house (that my grandpa made- a flat board drilled with two holes for the ropes to attach). The swinging path was perpendicular to the driveway and I often would swing and my feet would hit our car and I would push off of it. The only people that can probably understand what I am talking about are the few that have done it-my cousins. I would going on dates with Chris and we often ended up at a park or elementary school and would swing and talk. Now that I think about this, I really miss doing this... After we were married, Chris's parents put up a porch swing which is where I am usually found every Sunday afternoon from May- October. My favorite place at my parent's house is their swing under the tree. I love to swing high. Feel the wind in my face on the downswing. Close my eyes on the upswing pull. Enjoy feeling weightless. Carefree.
If my kids got only one thing from me,

I am glad it is my love for swinging.
4 comments:
I love to swing too! I just went with the kids the other day and I was swinging so high I felt nauseous afterwards! Nothing like underdogs and the tire swing!
Here, here. Sofia mostly likes going from swing to swing to swing. She has to try every single one. If she ends up shopping like she swings ... trouble.
What a sweet post. Now I want to go build a swing set in our backyard, or basically watch Will build a swing set.
Jen,
I love that post. That was so cute and sweet. I loved it.
By the way I'm so glad we got to hang out tonight! Sure am gonna miss you! :(
Post a Comment