This should cover it.
DECEMBER
i love to catch them "reading"
(and I really love it when they entertain themselves)
We celebrated Christmas on our own this year. First time. We had to work out a few bumps because I didn't really know what to plan. Next year I will be prepared. We went to a nursing home and sang carols/ read the Nativity story on Christmas Eve afternoon with some friends from the ward. We swapped the Jetta for a van with Ben the week before Christmas and he brought up mom's Nativity re-enactment attire and manger. We used them at the nursing home and Nate loved it. So we did it again as a family that night. It really made Christmas for Nate. I am thinking about doing a "night in Bethlehem" on Christmas night next year (and if it goes well, from there on out) where we eat ethnic food, dress up, play games, etc. all from that time. I think Nate will really get in to it and it will help he remember what Christmas is about. Maybe Christmas Eve we can read scriptures from the prophets foretelling of Christ's birth and we can "prepare for his birth" and then the next night we can re-enact the Christmas story and have our "night in Bethlehem".... we will see......

well... the rest are on FB (I can upload faster)
JANUARY
My parents came up for a few days to spend time with the boys and babysit so I could attend Chris's swearing in ceremony in Madison on January 19th.
His paperwork was not processed in time for him to be sworn in with most July bar acceptants in October, so his group was pretty small. For this reason, they were sworn in in the Wisconsin Supreme Court hearing room by the Supreme Court Chief Justice, herself. She was sassy, witty and sarcastic. I loved her.

Then he signed his name in a very big book that has been signed by all Wisconsin Bar Members since the beginning.
(this book is only one of many volumes. But you get the point. Tradition. Important. Cool)
That's all folks. Go to FB for the rest.
My parents came up for a few days to spend time with the boys and babysit so I could attend Chris's swearing in ceremony in Madison on January 19th.His paperwork was not processed in time for him to be sworn in with most July bar acceptants in October, so his group was pretty small. For this reason, they were sworn in in the Wisconsin Supreme Court hearing room by the Supreme Court Chief Justice, herself. She was sassy, witty and sarcastic. I loved her.
Then he signed his name in a very big book that has been signed by all Wisconsin Bar Members since the beginning.
(this book is only one of many volumes. But you get the point. Tradition. Important. Cool)That's all folks. Go to FB for the rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment