Saturday, April 2, 2011

Jelly Belly Tour




There is a Jelly Belly Warehouse near by.
We visited Friday.
For the FIRST time.

Shocking, isn't it?


We rode on a train that wasn't really a train and,
to Andy's disappointment, did not drive on tracks or go fast.

But they did give us a free bag of jelly beans.
and they had a sample bar.
Barf? tried it
Baby wipes? yep
Tooth paste? sure, why not.

Nate would pick a flavor and then we both would pop it in at the same time
(it's so fun that he's getting old enough to do dares and double dares:)

When he picked the barf flavored one, (which to me, tasted more like bacon than barf)
the attendant gave us a toothpaste one and just said,
"you're going to want to follow with this one".



We tried almost every flavor, and some many, many times.
Nate was good about swallowing it even if he didn't like it.
Andy, not so much.

Nate's favorite: Birthday Cake
Andy's favorite: gummy worms
(they had non-jelly bean candies too)
My favorite: Berry Smoothie

By the end I was sick from the rapid sugar intake, as I at twice as much:
Andy would take one bite and if he didn't like it (such as, Sour Trout)
then he would give it to me.
What am I suppose to do?
Throw away candy?
Not likely.
Besides, I didn't see a garbage can (or look for one, for that matter as you can clearly see one in the picture above).



It was a great day.






6 comments:

Brian Youngblut said...

Cute pics! I cant believe how big they are getting!!!! Good post :)

Trudy said...

Awww, I am glad you guys got to do that. I'm sure it was Heaven on Earth to the boys.

ayoungblut said...

Wish we would have made it up there.

Jonathan Russell said...

awesome pictures, thanks for posting them Jenny! Sounds like an adventure.

Nicki said...

So fun. Funny thing, we were just there on Wednesday. We love it too.

tori said...

That sounds fun! No candy is thrown away at my house either, the difference is, you can't tell that you ate it.