Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Trudy and Steve

Photobucket

Happy birthday to my truly wonderful mother-in-law and father-in-law.
You raised an amazing son who is a gentle, thoughtful father and patient, compassionate husband.
I will be forever grateful for this.

Even from my earliest memories, you have always been kind and patient, generous and good. Marrying so young, we needed a gentle, guiding hand to help us figure things out, and you guys were just that. I love that I know you so well. That we were able to spend our first 6 years of marriage living only a few miles away. Going out for pizza on Friday. Sunday dinners on... well, Sunday. Meeting up for lunches frequently during the week. The guys golfing on Saturday, and Trudy and I spending the day together, working on projects, shopping at country stores (I miss that one in Amana!), developing a love for TJ Maxx (which still holds strong today!) I felt instantly included and part of the family, equal in all things, including love. I think I have taken this for granted, not realizing how rare a gift it was....thank you. I am so lucky to have married Chris not only for the wonderful man that he is, but also for the wonderful family that I married in to- constantly and unconditionally supportive in all things. I know I would not be the mother and wife I am today without you. Thank you. I love you.

Happy Birthday.


1 comment:

Trudy said...

You made me cry, with that sweet, kind note. Steve and I feel like we're the blessed ones. We could not have custom-designed a better wife for Chris or added daughter. I love you too, Jen, and thank you for being someone so easily loved.