HELP!
Nate enjoying lunch a very long time ago!!
Where did that binky come from?!
Nate enjoying lunch a very long time ago!!Where did that binky come from?!
I NEED HELP! So for about a week now Nate has refused to eat. He says that he's hungry but then when I put him in his chair and give him food, he says, "naw" or "all done". Grrrr. I have been trying his FAVORITE foods: yogurt, pizza, cinnamon rolls- nothing! He will maybe take one bite then say all done. I know doctors say that kids sometimes only eat enough to sustain themselves and nothing more- and that is not a lot of food to us- but I swear he is not eating enough for even that! I have cut out snacks so that he will be really hungry, but still no results. He at least is drinking milk, juice, water- but I can only get him to eat maybe one bite per meal. What should I do?! Suggestions? What am I doing wrong?
8 comments:
DON'T WORRY!! All kids go through this. Carter is in the EXACT same "no eating" stage. At this age they usually slow down a ton with eating. For a few weeks now Carter has only had about 1 bite for dinner. If they are hungry and their body NEEDS it they will eat. Seriously don't worry though - it's TOTALLY normal :)
Madelynn is a stinker when it comes to eating most of the time, the only time she eats a big amount is when she is sitting on her daddy's lap and eatting of his plate. My doctor told me to add a little of pediasure in her milk a few times a day, one little bottle of it is all the nutrition she need for the day. I feel better doing that, cause I know that she is getting what she needs Nutritionly and I stress out a lot less when she won't eat. I use the walmart brand of it it half the cost of pediasure. Maybe it will work for you. Good luck!
I did the pedialyte as well but I also really limited the milk intake and NO JUICE for my kids. Empty calories and it fills them up so yeah. That is what I suggest. That was just when they were little and did that stuff. They can have juice now but they know that if they don't eat they don't get juice or treats..so yeah. BUT at the same time...he will eat when he is hungry.
HOLY CRAP. I was going to put this SAME thing on my blog today!
We're having QUITE the hunger strike at our house too.
CRAZY.
I think it is because he is teething. Have you tried FROZEN GOGURTS? If he is teething... this might help... and he might think it is ICE CREAM!
Let me know... I'm going CRAZY over here too!
We give him a slimfast when Cowboy Warren won't eat. I asked the doctor if it was okay, and she said it wasn't something I should do all the time, but it has the calories and vitamins he needs if he's having a rough day. He thinks it chocolate milk (even though its nothing close) but we take it. Good luck, sister.
Jen, so sorry to hear about little Nates eating strike! Though I have no advice I know you'll be fine, your the best Mom ever!
My little brother is 10 years younger than me and I still remember going with my mom (and him) to the doctor and I have always remembered the doctor telling my mom that she would be suprised that kids can survive on 1 cheeto(s) a day. It was what my mom needed to hear, because it made her relax and not force any eating on him and therefore he ate more, not much but more.
What I have learned as a parent when my kids go thru these hunger- strike-stages, is go for entertainment- and what I mean by that is mix it up, let them sit in the big chair at the table or on the table or dip their food or use toothpicks...everything is a game to a 1 year old!!!!
Relax, make it fun. I used to buy the Zoo Pals paper plates when my kids weren't eating. That way you can put the main food in the middle and the dips (ketchup in Nate's case) in the smaller section of the animals ears. I like the toothpicks idea too. Just make sure he's staying hydrated and he'll be just fine. You're a good mom.
Post a Comment