Sunday, August 14, 2011

Self Portrait


Still no luck with getting my pictures off the camera. I have got a few leads I am going to try in the next week days. Keeping fingers crossed.

Nate uploaded pictures off of his camera this morning. I flipped through them rapidly as most were blurry and non distinguishable. And then I came to this one. And my heart stopped.

I love this little boy so much. I love the slight curve of a smile his face makes when he is content that usually reaches up to his eyes and makes them smile too (like his dad and my dad).

I love the sound of his laughter.

Especially when he is trying to "trick me" aka convince me of something when he has solemnly swore to be up to no good . I look at him and give him a knowing smile and he starts to laugh as in "busted" .

Or when we are reading a book or watching a movie and he breaks out in laughter at a joke that he gets (now that he's so old). That kind of laugh literally BURSTS from him and it's one of my favorites.

It feels so good to sit and reflect on how much I love this boy (and Andy). How lucky I am to be their mom. What a blessing, a gift it is that I get to do it- no one else. My life is so full of love and laughter (and stickiness and sugar) with these little boys in my life. I need to take time every day to reflect on it.

(I don't think he took the last two pictures, although he could have because the flash is delayed, but if Andy took them of Nate- it definitely ups the cute factor!)

1 comment:

Trudy said...

What a hoot! I didn't know Nate had his own camera. And he's so savvy he can upload pics to the computer?! And if he did take these, I agree it ups the cute factor. Funny, funny boy. By the way, haha; does Chris know you are his mother?