I have to admit that every time I watch a Jane Austen movie or finish reading one of her books, I wish that I lived during that time. To go to balls, and wear beautiful dresses and be romanced in an old fashioned way! Her work has a way of wrenching my heart, like- oh just run away together! I want her characters to be together and be happy sooo badly! It always seems so clear after I finish that I am so lucky to be with a man that I am so in love with and that is really all I need in life.
Becoming Jane (thanks for coming with me girls- p.s. it WAS rated PG, so I don't know what to say about the nudity!) anyway, Becoming Jane has me on a J.A. kick- so I am going to be watching all of her book-based movies in the next couple of weeks. I think my MIL has them all- if you are interested, you know where to find me. And, of course, I can't resist reading
Pride and Prejudice again!I just have to say, I heart Jane Austen.
Okay, if you have seen this movie- did it not get your heart racing?! Just kiss her!
7 comments:
Yes, another sign that we are KINDRED SPIRITS .... I seriously imagine my life in Sense & Sensibility, Mansfield Park, etc. EVERY time I read/watch J.A. Haven't seen Becoming yet because I hear the ending is too too sad. PS - check out Deseret Book next time you are in UT. They have a hardcover with all her novels together for only $12!
Ah, I'm so bummed. Me and some friends wanted to go see this tomorrow night, but it isn't playing in W-loo or CF. I hear it's so good. I also love Jane Austen.
Okay yes I know that scene very well. Inside i was like....KISS THE DANG GIRL! Man...what a show. I am so glad I went. Okay I am totaly up for watching all the movies! Let me know when you are going to.
Not really related to this post, okay actually not at all. I just wanted to wish you good luck on the marathon...in case I don't get a chance to later.
My mom and sister and a handful of cousins and a couple uncles and a few dozen friends will be running as well. Wish I could be there to cheer you on.
Loves.
-k- I've never seen any of those movie - guess I better rent some!
Can't wait to see you next week
HOORAY!!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jane Austin! My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice and I could watch it and then turn around and watch it again! I WANT to see Becoming Jane, but don't know if it's in Waterloo or not. I love Sense and Sensability as well! I need to rent some of her others to see. I too wish I lived during those times when I'm watching the movies. Such romance and depth of feeling! You have good taste I must say! Good taste!
You should check out the Jane Austen mysteries written by Stephanie Barron. I LOVE THEM! They are pretty easy reads. The Coralville Library has most of them, as well as the IC & Waterloo ones too. :)
Post a Comment