Wednesday, September 12, 2007

We're still here....barely!


I know many people think we are out of town, or we moved, or we just don't want to be your friend anymore :) but none are true! We have just been cut off from the outside world for the last couple of days. I got the flu bug this weekend and was lying around helplessly until this morning. During that time, Nate managed to upload a virus onto our computer, lock my cellphone with a code only know to him and lose our only car key (which we later found in the trash). So Chris spent all night last night fixing the computer and this is the first time in days I have had internet access and I will return cellphone messages sometime today after I go into Verizon to get that one taken care off. Sometimes I am glad that things all happen at once because it makes it easier to handle- for example. This morning I was giving Nate a bath and Chris was still asleep (up all night fixing computer and studying) when all the sudden I see a little poo nugget- no biggie- I pick it up with some tp and flush it in the toilet. I few seconds later there is a lot, I mean a lot of poo in the tub. Nate luckily had not seen it at that point and I start yelling for Chris and pound on the wall that the bathroom shares with our bedroom. He comes in, grabs Nate, cleans Nate up while I start draining the tub and cleaning it up. While Nate waits for me to clean up so he can take another tub he decided to eat a deodorant stick. Yuck. So then we are cleaning that up. We get Nate clean, again. Chris showers and let's Nate back in the bathroom while he is getting ready for school (Nate is in love with Chris and always wants to be in the same room as him) and while they are in the bathroom together Nate throws Chris's cellphone in the toilet- down goes our only remaining way to call long distance since as said before my phone is out- he yells for me to come so I grab Nate, wash his hands and take him down stairs and fall down the stairs- catching myself enough so Nate doesn't get hurt, but skinning my elbow and hip. Now remember this all happened within 30 minutes. Since it all just happened at once, Chris and I couldn't help but just sit and laugh! What next?! He's lucky he's so stinkin' cute!

10 comments:

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Jen - I'm so sorry you are sick! Nate can come and play with Lauren today! We are always here just hanging out. By the way - I totally thought you were announcing something BIG when I saw the title of your blog today! But seriously, if we can help you out, let us know!

Chereebee said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick!!! wish I lived ALOT closer so I could help you :)
I too thought that you were ANNOUNCING something - bummer :)

Jen said...

No announcements yet as I am still training for the marathon and that would be very bad for the baby!

Jen said...

So I changed the post because people were emailing me about being pregnant, and calling because they felt bad that I was sick- that isn't what I wanted- I was trying to say how impressed I was by all the women who go through morning sickness... anyway, thanks for your thoughts! Love jen

Candice said...

Oh, the infamous "poop fairy" always comes during the warm baths. I love it!

[RochelleG] said...

I can't believe that Nater managed all of that in a thirty minute period. Actually, I can imagine it (ie-glass vase off of Erica's dining table)!!

It's really ok though--I can remember when Caden pooped in the tub and I was IN it with him. GROSS! I can also remember the time when someone in the family was holding him above their face and laughing, and he threw up directly into their mouth!

Oh, the things that will go on in your house once he reaches age 2 or add another child to the mix!! At least you can laugh about it and record it for a good read later on!

esmiley said...

Wow! That's what I call a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad (yet very funny) morning!

Heather O'Brien said...

Holy Crap Jen!!! What a day! I can just see Nate's smirk on his face while he's doing this all. That sucks. I am sorry you've been sick. Get better and get your phones working so we can play. We miss you! Hallie pooped in the tub once too. Sickening! 3 little loggers! Sounds like we need to do lunch or ice cream!!! Call me!!!

Sarah said...

HAHAHAHA...okay first of all I am sorry you were sick. I too would have helped if I had known. BUT that was so hillarious what Nate was doing. I was laughing and reading it out loud to Beau. I hear you all complaining about poop nuggets....well I wish that is what I had. Try Diarrhea in the tub. OH YEAH mmmmm hmmm fun stuff. No it is all hard I know but it made me laugh to read about how mischevious that little guy is. Well when you can call so we can do something or come over or whatev. I hope you are feeling alot better tomorrow.

Street Fam said...

Thanks for the post. It was rather entertaining to read! Sounds like I better keep Ben out of the bathroom when he's Nate's age!