The "wings" on the side (that's what I call them) swing out and move up and down. Nate got to push all of the buttons besides steering. It kinda reminds me of a transformer. On Tuesday we went in the semi with my dad while he hauled grain. It has been raining so much they can't get in the fields to plant (get your food storage ready! Grain prices are going to sky rocket!).
At the elevator (where you unload the grain) my dad let Nate get out and open the hatches below to dump out the beans. Almost out of reflex, Nate reached out and started to put the beans in his pocket before they went down the drain!
Wednesday he went to a John Deere dealership with my parents while I went out to dinner with my brother. He sat in every tractor and lawn mower then picked out a few toys to bring back with him to Milwaukee. Thursday we played at my parents house and had a visit from Great Grandma Jo. When he wasn't busy climbing in tractors Nate was chasing Mickey the dog (who he repeatedly said "wuv you" to) and chasing my brothers around. My favorite memories were- one night I was trying to rock Nate to sleep and my dad came home from work. Nate said "see Grandpa a minute" so I let him down and he ran down the hall into my parents room. When I went in there a few minutes later he was snuggled up next to my dad in bed watching tv. It was such a simple moment, but it melted my heart. The other was watching Nate and Lauren chase each other on the power wheels and chase the farm cats together. Cousins are the best! Thanks for the fun week family!
5 comments:
I can't wait for Emmitt to get older and enjoy trucks!! I am getting tired of barbies!! It looks like Nate had a blast. How fun to hang out with Grandpa!
Okay so you need to update more often. We sure miss you guys!
Nate is getting SO BIG!
so so cute!!!
Carter would have been in complete HEAVEN!
Ha, We are planning on coming out...you know that. I cannot have Shawn be in this family and not experience the corn at 5:00 AM....geez. and yeah, these days are good. tiring, but good. and you are lucky to have nate in the car. The car that we took up to my parents, has no stereo...oh joy! I love you guys!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRUSS!!
oh FYI: I totally left his comment on the wrong one...my bad :)
Post a Comment