Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tough Week

It is finished. After a rough week, we are binky free. Nate was sick this week and I knew we wouldn't be going any where and it was easier for him to breath without the binky so .... I DID IT! I pulled the plug. After about 1/2 a day I realized that I needed the binky more than him. There were so many times I wanted to give him the binky to just make him stop crying! But I didn't do it. Giving Nate a binky at nap time is like flipping a switch, he will just shut off and go to sleep. It was VERY hard to get him to sleep this week. Our neighbors complained to the office about all of the crying. Boo Hoo. But in the end, we did it. It was a hard week on both of us (Chris was gone for a work trip so he missed out on the fun). So we are spending a week at my parent's farm to relax, have some fun, and play with our family that we have been missing (Warren and Haircut!) Yesterday Chris took Nate fishing and he caught his first fish!(picture to come) It is so nice to be on a farm and every time my kid runs out the door I don't have to panic thinking he is going to run into the street (which is a safe 1/4 mile away here!!) or someone is going to take him. I was able to just sit on the swing under the big tree and watch him run around and explore. It was good for both of us for me not to be hovering over his every move. It will be hard for both of us to go back to the city.

6 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

Way to go Jen! I swear it's harder on the mom's. So proud of you. How fun that you're with your family. K, we need to plan something when you come back for sure!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, super mom! Sorry about your neighbors complaining. I'm sure ours hate our guts. :) But we're out of here in a week, so they can just get over it.

Chereebee said...

Hip hip hooray!!! That is awesome Jen!! I know that is a VERY hard thing to do!

Anonymous said...

doesn't it feel great to know it's gone?! of course you'll have to do it again in a few years but for now no worries! whoo hoo!

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you were able to do it! Yeah...it's tuff but when it is done....well it's all worth it..right??? hahaha

Anonymous said...

Not looking forward to breaking that habit... glad you're having fun!