
This week has been a roller coaster trying to find our new normal. Chris started his final year of law school and is really missing all of this friends that left this year. I was grateful he didn't start school until Tuesday so we had all day Sunday and Monday home with the 2 boys trying to get back into a routine. Nate was at my parents house Thursday til Saturday night and when he cam home it was like my eyes were opened- this kid is not a baby any more- nothing about him. His hands are so big, his facial features, everything is grown up! I always saw him as a baby before, my baby. But now that I truly have a baby he seems HUGE!
Yesterday I was changing Andrew's diaper on the ottoman of our rocking chair (like always) and Nate climbed up and laid down next to him (pictured above). They stared at each other for the longest time. Then Nate started to shake his hand and touch his face. It is really sweet to watch him get to know his "baby brother" as he always refers to him.
I was afraid this baby would change my relationship with Nate, but if anything it has made me appreciate who he is more. A couple of things that I love about Nate this week:-He calls me "sweetie" as in "here ya go, sweetie" because I always call him that. It just sounds adorable coming from a 2 year old
- He is so funny! Last night Chris told Nate he should drink his milk because it would make him grow bigger. He looked at Chris, took a drink of his milk, and then exclaimed, "I'm big now"
- Last night Chris told him, "I am going to teach you how to pray" and he told Nate the 4 parts of a prayer. Nate listened carefully and the afterwards said, "Now teach me how to drive!" If you know my son at all, you can appreciate how serious he was! 2 going on 16!
Every day he does something or says something that makes me smile and love him even more. p.s. Nate is in jammies.... I don't usually let him out of the house in that special polyester number:)
9 comments:
What cute boys you have! I still am having a hard time with how big Madelynn seems...she was my baby and now over night she seems all grown up compaired to Ella. I love having two, now that we have life back to what is now normal life with two kids. It's so much fun. I love to watch Madelynn with Ella. I am so happy for you. Love you girl!
You're kiddos are so dang cute! Nate DOES look so BIG next to Andrew! You need to post more Andrew pics!!! :)
Nate is such a little stud! Can't wait to see you guys again soon. I wanna hold that cute little baby Andrew, oh and I didn't know if you still wanted me to do a photo shoot of Andrew? I would love to! Let me know!!
Oh my gosh. I totally remember taking a tubby with Louk washing his 'little' body. Putting lotion on him and a diaper and then hours later delivering Maile. I didn't see Louk until the next day and when he walked in with both him and his daddy dressed as twiners in khaki shorts and a white polo I wanted to cry... He was so BIG! Not the little baby I carefully put lotion on the morning before. Perspective TOTALLY changes with baby no. 2. I love how Nate calls you sweetie. Louk calls me Babe. As in "Babe, I am done pooping, come wipe my butt!"
Oh Jen. So fun to see pics of your boys. They are so cute. You are such a good mom and I admire that in you.
xo
Cute boys Jen!!! Congrats on baby #2! I love the name Andrew. Will misses all of the law buddies too.
Congratulations Jen!! I can't wait to meet him!
Jen, I totally remember having all these same feelings when Charlie was born. It's so fun to watch them interact more and more. They are both darling!
JEN! you had your baby!! I guess I have been out on the blogging thing..HE is beautiful..I wish I could come see you and your new little boy..I loved all the pictures..having a new baby is hard but so special. Nate is so cute too being big bro!
Post a Comment