Monday, September 24, 2007

The turtle and the duck



Today Nate and I went to the mall to get a Halloween costume. I was at the register about the buy a turtle costume (his namesake) when Nate spotted what he thought was a duck costume. He got so excited. He started to quack and quack and quack. I thought- this is silly. He doesn't even know what a turtle is! So I pulled the baby chick aka the duck costume and handed it to him and he smiled gleefully. When we got home I put it on him to make sure it would fit. He didn't love the costume very much any more. He kept trying to take the hat off. How do you get your kids to wear their costumes? I am looking for orange sweat pants and a yellow turtleneck to go underneath. If anyone knows where I can get some please let me know!

7 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

SO cute. I am 100% with you on this one and letting your kids be what they want to be (for Halloween). Funny but Halloween is such a big deal to them even at a young age. They just love this Holiday.

Run to Target...they have it all, don't they?!!

Heidi Miller said...

That is sooooo cute! What store did you go to? I am looking for a froggy costume for Alex.

Heather O'Brien said...

what a cutie. That's a cute costume. We will have to take pics of the kids together.

Sarah said...

Where did you get his costume? I still need to get TIlly one. I think TUcker wants to be spiderman AGAIN. When you guys go outside with him to trick or treat he will keep his costume on..he will be too cold otherwise..hahaha

[RochelleG] said...

Is he eating candy corns in the first picture?! How cute.

Anonymous said...

Love the chick/duck costume! I'm glad I don't have to worry about making Drew stay in her costume just yet.

Nancy K said...

He is so cute-I love that he was making the duck sounds for it!