Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rain, rain go away


I thought I was being so prepared getting us moved in to our student housing apartment this early so that when I come back for OB appointments we will have a place to stay and Nate will get to know the place before we come back in August so I don't have to go through the whole adjusting thing right when I am having a baby. I thought it would be too many new things at once. I kept telling my mom last weekend as we unpacked- I am so glad we are moving in this early. Well, I spoke too soon. We just received an email saying that our apartment complex is under mandatory evacuation. Thank goodness we live by family. My dear in-laws are moving all of our stuff out that we just moved in last weekend!

Click on this link to see more
http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

6 comments:

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana said...

Oh--what a pain! I always hate it when being overprepared results in a worse outcome than procrastinating! I'm glad you have help, though!

Street Fam said...

Thank goodness your in-laws are right there. I can't believe all the pictures I've seen. It is CRAZY!

Katie said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your cute Nate. We're praying for better weather over there. Hope all goes well with your last couple of months also.
Thanks for blogging and being so on top of it. It's fun to read.

Nancy K said...

Craziness in Iowa City! Ahhhh!

Anonymous said...

what the heck! i need to watch the news or read the paper or something! i guess it's a good thing for blogs or else i'd be clueless! how crazy is that flooding! i'm trying to figure out where this is exactly.