Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Tree lighting at Bayshore

I love Christmas.

But I took my kids to a Christmas event on November 13th because it was a fun, wholesome family activity.

And it is still above freezing so we might as well enjoy the time outdoors while we can (I am not joking!)
And the Nutcracker characters were there from The Milwaukee Ballet Company. (but they were a little scary so we didn't hang out with them long)

And the Florentine Opera Company was singing.


And there were horse-drawn carriage rides and "train" rides
And all the hot chocolate, cider and cookies you could want.
And we all cheered together to light the tree with Christmas magic as Santa delivered the final light bulb to be plugged in.
And it was magical.

So clearly, it was an event not to be missed.
I did not drag my family out just because I love Christmas.
I didn't.


And it was fabulous.

Have I told you I love living here?

4 comments:

ayoungblut said...

It seems to be a magical, unbelievably creative and Norman Rockwellish place you always dreamed of being. Even though sometimes it is a hassle to drag the boys out to enjoy the fun, you gotta keep doing all that is offered. LUCKY! (Said with a dorky Ben accent) I wish I was there. You could have invited me you know!

Heidi Miller said...

Jealous. Looks so neat. I am already stoked for Christmas and so is Alex.

Trudy said...

I love that you love all the magical stuff. You are the best mom. Your kids are going to look back on their childhoods as magical.

Ashley said...

I love Christmas.
I just can't stand the thought of it beginning before Thanksgiving though.