Thursday, November 12, 2009

Things that I love {a new tradition}

Every Thursday is going to be "Things that I love" day. I have found so many beautiful design photos on the web and I will share my favorite from each week.



When it comes to decorating I have a split personality disorder (anyone who has been in my apartment can see that)

I love the vibrancy and energy from this living room.
It's playful.
It's fun.
I love it.

(and there's enough white to make me happy)


but I also love the peaceful grace of this one
Classic.
Timeless.
Calm.

(and, of course, lots of white)
(and blue)

How does a girl decide?

(I think I like the first one better. It's just me).


4 comments:

Abby said...

I have the same problem--so many different styles I like. I may have a very incongruent house someday.

I love both of those rooms!

ayoungblut said...

I see you in both those rooms. They aren't so different after all. The one just has the color on the walls. They actually are quite similar

Heather O'Brien said...

I Love these! You could totally mix them together. We kinda have the same taste I think. I did neutrals as far as walls, couches, and furniture (tan, black and white) and then accented in those same colors as that pic (the blues, yellows, greens). That way, you can always change it up easier if you get sick of it. (and because we know we'll be moving and people like neutral :)). I like this new idea you're doing. I will be sure to keep checkin!

Trudy said...

I think Amy's right about seeing you in both rooms. One is your more vivacious, get-things-done room, and the other is your sit and relax, watch a movie and settle down room. (This great morsel of information was gleaned from my new design education, which is meant to impress the socks off you.)