Sunday, November 29, 2009

Argh!



I am thinking about getting an eye patch. Do they come in other colors than black?








The story:
I went to a friend's wedding last night feeling fabulous because I was wearing these





(who doesn't feel fabulous in a new dress and patent leather pumps?!)

and then my eye started to bother me...
I went in to the bathroom and looked at it and it is was a little red/ bloodshot...
at one point during the reception dinner my eye began to swell and Chris's dad leaned over to me (he's an Ophthalmologist) and said, " I can tell your eye is bothering you, and that bothers me.
Let's get over to the eye clinic".
Diagnosis:
bacterial blah blah blah.
I can't remember the name. But the short of it: I got something in my eye- he pulled out something that was embedded in the inside of my eyelid- and my eye is having an allergic reaction to it. He gave me meds and 3 days to heal.

So much for my efforts to look good.



I am still debating about the eye patch because it will help keep my eye closed, which makes it feel better, and I am pretty sure I would score major coolness points with all the boys in my family.



So my options are

Stop all dental hygiene to detract from the eye


wear a more fabulous accessory on the other side to balance the face





or get the Be dazzler out and own it like a rock star




Be dazzler it is.

(by default- as my teeth won't rot over night)

Disclaimer: This post was not intended to offend anyone who, indeed, does wear an eye patch for medical purposes (I am pretty sure none of the individuals pictured above do) and I won't really be getting an eye patch but needed something to do this morning because my husband banned me from going to church so I thought looking up pictures of crazy eye patches was just as good as unpacking from our trip.

8 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, Jen, I noticed it was a bit red yesterday but mine are always blood shot so I didn't think much of it. I hope you feel better. And, yes, keep brushing! You did look fabulous in your new dress and heals despite any eye redness.

Sarah said...

TOO FUNNY! I'm sorry about your eye but I bet you looked hot in your little outfit. Miss ya.

[RochelleG] said...

Dang Jen. I can't stop looking at those sweet eye patches. I'm sure you could always use the disposable ones that Brynn used to wear. Ha. I hate eye problems because not only do you end up with a nasty eye, you end up not being able to wear makeup etc..Happy Healing.

ayoungblut said...

Who knew,...not your mom. Thanks for keeping me out of the loop. Sorry for your eye, glad that you have great inlaws that take good care of you!

Jess said...

Ughh. Sorry, not fun. I can relate. During Wendy's wedding I scratched my eyeball. I was lucky enough to have Chris' Dad get me some ointment that I got to goop in my eye. I spent most of the time/trip with sunglasses on to cover up the swollen goopy eye. I guess at least all the goop helped to hold my eye closed. :) Hope you heal quickly!

The Harkers said...

Hilarious! :) Cute blog, it's fun to see all of your pictures!

Rachel said...

that darn bacteria!
arg!!! no pun intended.

Trudy said...

You crack me up. Thanks for the chuckles.