
Today I paid for groceries with cash.
I let Nate have the change.
As we walked out he asked if he could put it in the quarter machines .
I said no, let's save it.
Then we saw the Salvation Army bell ringer.
I suggested we put the money in the bucket.
Nate said no thank you.
I insisted we put the money in the bucket.
Nate put one penny.
I tried to explain that this money is for kids who don't have food and they need it.
(we talk about giving to other people since we have so much daily- this is nothing new to him)
I talked.
and talked.
and talked.
Finally I guilted him in to putting the money in the bucket.
All but one dime.
That was being saved for "John Deere tractors".
When we got in the car.
He looked furious.
As I buckled his carseat he said,
" Mom, I don't like that lady.
I don't like her bell.
I don't like her bucket.
Let's just throw her in the garbage.
and all the police men too "
(this was a logical jump because clearly if he throws the bell ringer in the garbage the police will be coming after him)
"What if someone steals our car Nate?"
"Alright, I promise to keep one helicopter police man"
....
4 comments:
This made me laugh out loud. Sad part is I was following his logic!
Thanks for the laughs. I really think we should put a webcam on Nate all day every day so all of us could enjoy his remarks.
HAHAHAHA Oh my gosh! I love Nate! He is so funny!
You have such funny little stories! They make me laugh. - Koni :)
Post a Comment