Thursday, May 26, 2011

Conversations with a Lawyer

Me: We are going to the lighthouse library (the library downtown) to get movies for an epic sleepover tonight for our end of the school year bash (remember how we use to do that at the end of a semester of undergrad? Go to Walmart and buy a bunch of $5 movies and candy then drag the mattress out in front of the tv and stay up all night watching movies? Tradition must carry on!) . Do you want us to wait and go this afternoon when you can take off a half hour and come with us?

Lawyer: I can't. I just got out of a lunch meeting and lost that time. I have more work that I can possibly get done today.

Me: Okay

Lawyer: I'm not going to be able to come home tonight.

Me: I know.

Lawyer: Or probably tomorrow night.

Me: I know.

Lawyer: And I am probably going to have to work all day Saturday too.

Me: I know.

Lawyer: 'sigh' I love you. I miss you guys.

(turn on speaker phone)
Kids: WE LOVE YOU DAD!!!!! (blowing kisses) Dad did you get all those kisses from me?"

Lawyer: (chuckle). Thanks buddy. I love you.

....
.....

We're flyin' solo this afternoon.
Off to get movies and snacks for "staying up all night long" end of the school year party.



Love,
J.