Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Today



True or False?


1.When Nate's friend tried to persuade Andy to stay in his room while said friend and Nate went down to the basement to play (so they could play alone), I overheard Nate say, "Declan, Andy is my braaaaw- thur. That means we are best buddies" and then put his arm around Andy's shoulder and said, "Come on Andy, you can come to the basement with us".

2. I found a suspicious puddle on the stairs that I am pretty sure is pee.

3. While squatting on the kitchen table Andy exclaimed, "there's pee-pee on the table, Mom". Sure enough, there was.

4. Nate asked me to sing the Star Wars theme and then , after I "passed", the Indiana Jones theme. He started to sing along with me with a huge smile on his face. So glad I had brothers so I know this stuff.

5.. Tonight as we were baking dinner and cookies for Chris (which we were then going to take up to him) Nate asked, "Sooo..... does Dad live at work now?" Though I choked on my words and my heart stopped, I calmly smoothed things over by replying, " No, he comes home every night and goes right in to your room. Tucks you in. And kisses you and Andy. The he stands there for a minute and just watches you guys because he missed you so much all day.





All true.
(and don't tell Chris about the dad living at work thing. It would break his heart)

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Those boys are everything I could want in grandsons. I LOVE their attitudes and comments. And I'm so sorry for them, and Chris, that they have to spend so much time away from Dad. Great post, Jen. Thank you.

ayoungblut said...

Love, Love the updates. It makes me smile from the inside out. I love you all and the sacrafices made by all to get going in this world. You will succeed,...all of you!