
Nate is going through this thing where he likes to carry this blue bucket around with him all the time. When we go to the pool. He just walks around the pool with his bucket! Funny guy!
This is us this morning as we took dad to work. We were running a little late but Nate still insisted on walking to the car himself (and carrying his bucket of course). And p.s. that is a SJP Bitten original :)
We did it! I ran my first race! Lots of people were giving me a hard time about running a marathon without ever running any other race beforehand. So I ran a 5K last weekend. We went up to my parents Friday night for a family reunion that was later in the weekend. When we got there they told me my little brother was running in the morning. So I went with him at 6am Saturday and registered and ran it! Woo hoo! So there ya go guys! Now I have run a race before the marathon.

This is my "baby" (ha, he's a good 6" taller than me) brother and me after the race. I was rep-ing Gold's for my dad's gym.
9 comments:
WAY TO GO JEN!!!!! I'm proud of you!! I'm starting to train to run a 10k with Brett - we'll see if I can stick out the training - I need you here to run with me :)
I forgot to comment of the first pic.... I love seeing Nate walk - he is seriously such a cute little boy. I love that he's carrying around a bucket- isn't it funny the things they love?!?!
I'm excited for our boys to play together in a few weeks - HOORAY!!!!
ps I have a fun place we're going to shop when you get here!!!!
YOU ARE A ROCK-STAR!
I'm so proud of you... I think I'm going to go up to Steve & Barry's tomorrow after work!
Go, Jen, GO!!!
WAY TO GO JEN! Isn't it an awesome feeling once you've finished a race. I love the rush it gives me. Looks like you won a medal..woo hoo Jen!
Love it. Nate is so cute. Growing right up. Keep your eye out for my family at the marathon they will be running too. Good for you, it has always been a dream of mine to do one.
Bitten I must go this week!!!
Hey Jen! I saw a link to your blog on Brooke's page ... WOW we can't believe how fast Nate has grown - the last pics we saw were from the hospital I think so a BIG difference! you look great & congrats on the running - what an acomplishment! Why are you guys up in Des Moines? Send me an email if you get a chance! miss ya!
Sarah,
Yup, I was fastest for my age division and 5 for women overall. I am running again up in Waterloo on Sept. 8th. You can run either a 1/2 marathon, a 5K or 10K. Interested?
Heck yeah I'm interested...ummm...probably in the 10k seeings how I am not doing to great running right now...
Post a Comment