Tuesday, July 10, 2007

We're so glad when Daddy comes home!

We have found so much happiness in Des Moines and I know much of that is because our daddy is home a lot- and not studying when he is home! Nate and Chris have become best buds this summer; he is truly a Daddy's boy (even though he wants me when he's tired he says "dad" the whole time I am rocking him to sleep!) Chris has been really good at waiting to entertain his hobbies (i.e. golf, Halo) until Nate is in bed and it has really made a difference. Nate's smile is so much brighter when Chris is around, he laughs more easily and is soothed more quickly. Nate loves to tackle Chris and tickle him. He loves to offer Chris food, but when Chris opens his mouth, Nate takes it away and eats it himself and then laughs! They chase each other around and around our tiny apartment. They cuddle on this huge stuffed animal (dog) that Chris bought Nate (you gotta see this- it's so big, I will post a picture tonight). Chris acts out Nate's bedtime stories (which is even entertaining for me!) Yesterday while we were in IC Chris set up a baby pool at the bottom of the slip and slide. Nate didn't like the spraying water of the slip and slide so he sat in the pool at the bottom and Aunt Dazi and dad would slide down into the pool and Nate loved it! He would tackle them when they arrived. Chris is always thinking of fun things to do with Nate... some I have to hold my breath because they are a little dangerous, but I have to give it to him- He's such a fun dad! I have never felt joy or happiness like this before. I have heard so many of you guys say to just love being a mom. And I do, but I think a lot of it is that I love being married to an amazing dad. It is so fulfilling to see your baby snuggle with your spouse. I am sure you guys all know what I am talking about, it is a feeling that is hard to describe, but I have had it a lot this summer. And for that DM will always have a special place in my heart. We love you Dad!

No comments: