Sunday, November 15, 2009

Creative story telling... or lying.....?

This just happened:

I made french toast for breakfast.
I syrup-ed and cut up Nate's for him.
He excused himself to go to the bathroom.
When he came back in he said this:

"Mom on my way up to the bathroom Kitty told me that I needed to put more syrup on my french toast.

We have a talking cat! Isn't that crazy.
....
So can I have more syrup?"


I blame his father. He tells him bedtime stories.

5 comments:

ayoungblut said...

Creative kid gets what he wants!

vanessa said...

Did you read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn? That reminds me of the line about how if she hadn't had the outlet if creative writing she would have become a compulsive liar. Avery does this too- she makes up scenerios and blames things on her sister.

Heidi Miller said...

That is smart. Kids are too smart

Trudy said...

It is most DEFINITELY his father's fault.

Ashley said...

Ummmm...
a few weeks back, while putting Maile to bed she said, "mom, do you see those people?" I was like what people? Then she points to her closet and ceiling and says, "those kids, those ghosts."
I was freaked out!