Monday, November 9, 2009

This past week was insane. I had to make and put up all the decorations for a Hollywood themed auction fundraiser for Nate's preschool. In other words, I was busy. While Andy napped I would paint glitter on stars, cut out letter, paint paparazzi silhouettes while Nate played by himself. More than once he would ask me to do something and my snarky response was:
"Nate, look at Momma. (he looks)
Am I doing something right now? (yeeeeeeeees)
Am I busy? (yeeeeees).
Okay. I will help you when I finish ________________.
Just give me a minute please."

It was only too appropriate on Saturday (after the auction on Friday night- hallelujah!) we were trying to get out the door to the zoo and Nate was sitting on the floor looking at books. I was still grouchy from my 3 am nights of glitter and paint.
"Nate, come over here so I can get you dressed or you will have to get dressed yourself"
no response
"Nate! If you aren't over here in 3 seconds you will have to get yourself dressed (yes, this actually works- he hates getting himself dressed)
Mom, look at me.
Am I doing something?
Am I busy?
I will come over as soon as I am done with this book.
Just be patient, mom.
It will just take a minute.
.....
.......
..........
Touche.

5 comments:

ayoungblut said...

Out of the mouth of Babes....
They really repeat only the good stuff huh?

Ashley said...

ha! he is a smarty farty.

Trudy said...

What a hoot. I love that little rascal.

Stephanie said...

So funny. When did these boys grow up enough to repeat every phrase that comes out of our mouths?

Brian Youngblut said...

thats is sooo funny