Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Re-upholstering a Chair Demo



I had taken a few photos to blog a tutorial about re-upholstering, but Jenny over at Little Green Notebook just did this last week with lots of great pictures, so go there!
Part 1: Stripping
Part 2: Painting
Part 3: Stapling
Part 4: Sewing Cording
Part 5: Sewing Cushion

(when I went to take the picture above Nate jumped on the chair and said, "take a picture of me and the chair"). How could I resist?

(this chair is for their room for Dad to read at night. It's vintage, so I added a lot more stuffing for a more comfortable seat.)

(No, the back is not attached, I need to sew more cording tonight to finish the back and attach it)




Next up: craigslist night stand.

Plans:
1.add casters to bottom for extra height.
2.Paint inside of drawers something fun as a special surprise
3.paint outside.... can't decide how or what color....

2 comments:

Amy said...

I. LOVE. THAT. CHAIR! nice work. ;)

Trudy said...

Vern nice work indeed. You did WELL!