Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bitter Sweet

Ahhhh! I am dying to read this but it seems the world is lined up against me trying to stop me from doing so! Okay, not the world just my family! Problem #1: Time! I can only read while Nate is napping because any time I try to do something "grown-up" while Nate is awake he immediately climbs on top of me and tries to get involved, i.e. emailing, reading, cooking, etc. #2 Husband! Last night we both wanted to read, but we only have one book! When book #6 came out we tried to read it together because we didn't want to take turns and that was a horrible. I gave in and said that he could finish it first. Right now he is holed up reading away while I am left to watch nothing better than golf on tv and complain about it on my blog! I do have to admit that I said that he could read right now because I will get to read tomorrow while Nate is napping and Chris is at work, but I am not sharing happily! #3: Responsibility. This is the first HP book that I have not been able to just dive in to and read from cover to cover. I have people to take care of , things I have to do that won't wait to find out if Harry dies. Is anyone else reading this or any other good books. I am dying because I am afraid that I am going to find out what happens before I get a chance to read it. My mother-in-law's friend read the last chapter before she started the book because she had to know what was going to happen. If only Nate was a little older and he would enjoy me reading it to him so that I could scratch that itch I have all day long! I have half the mind to go steal that book from my husband right now....

3 comments:

[RochelleG] said...

I know this is incredibly LAME, especially since I have always averaged 2-3 books read a week, but I have never read one Harry Potter book or seen the movies! I am starting the series now and will read them one right after the other. This way I won't have to wait for the next book to come out. I've always read the latest books on the list, but I just never could start the Potter series. I do know that they are great though, because the series in only a world-wide phenomenon!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Jen - I love your story! I bought it at 12:01 Sat. morning at Walmart and Dave woke up started it that morning at 6:30am and finished it that evening. He loved it and he is dying that I haven't read it yet cuz he wants to talk to me about parts and things that happened but he can't give anything away! I started it today and will now officially put off all my home, church, motherly responsibilities so I can read it! Luckily I can just let Lauren play or watch a movie and she will let me read!
Good luck getting a turn with the book!
Tricia

Stephanie said...

I'm am feeling your pain RIGHT NOW. My husband isn't into them yet, so I have it sitting upstairs all to myself. But I can't read because my child never sleeps. And by the time he goes to sleep like at 10:30 (can you feel the sadness in my voice), Taylor's ready for bed. And I can't stay awake by myself cause I'm a weenie. Life is so hard...