


Since Nate was a baby (ha, obviously he still is.. since he was a newborn) Chris has affectionately called him Monkey Boy. This past week he has lived up to his name. We had just returned from a walk and I left the stroller out and Nate started to climb on it. I quick grabbed the camera in case he would actually be able to do it and watched (at a very close distance so that I could catch him- don't worry- my child's safety comes before a good photo op!) He used the end table and climbed over the lap tray and into the stroller. Then he looked out the window and yelled "Dad" because we watch for Chris out the window when it is time for him to come home from work. It was so cute and so funny. So next I moved the stroller away from the window thinking that it would remove the temptation for him to climb on it.
No such luck. I guess it presented a new challenge to him to climb in without the help of the table. He climbed in from the front this time. Finally, I collapsed it down hoping that would end this dare-devil episode of his and he found that all too easy. I think I am going to be in trouble with this little guy. If he is climbing like this when he is one, he will probably be up in trees by his next birthday!
8 comments:
Hey guys - this is Drew. Just wanted to say that little Nate looks great, oh...wait, is it too late?, for us to come and feed the goats behind the gate? (and bytheway CRuss, no action for 3 weeks to date!!).
Hope all is well with you guys - Drew
WTH?!
He MUST mean by way of the Xbox! :)
Cute pics of Nate too, maybe the only good reason we don't have boys. Glad you are loving Des Moines and good for you marathon runner! I admire that in you! Go girl!
Brooke,
At first when I read Drew's post I though- "give her a break, buddy! She just had a baby!" But then I realized the obvious as you did- they are referring to the Halo trigger finger action. And of course we are always happy to have you guys come to DM. We have the season pass all year, so if it is too soon for little Elin (sp?) before we move Aug. 2nd then we can always meet you guys here in DM and go to the zoo together and hang out. ps- the sheep and goats are crazy- they will stick their entire head out of that feeing hole just to get the little treats you can feed them!
Jen,
Nate is ADORABLE. What a little climber. I think you are going to have your hands full with this one. But I am sure it will be fun for you. Sounds like you guys are doing good in Des Moines. So you come home the 2nd of August huh? Well, I guess I will see you around September then. I'm glad that I can stay updated on how you guys are doing now. Well, have a great summer!
that is so funny that he is such a climber!!! He is too darn cute!! I'm so excited to see you in August - HOORAY!!!
Jenn! I am so glad you have a blog..It makes me so sad to see how big little nate is and I have not even met him!! But miss you tons and I heard a little rummor... that you are one hot smoken' babe marathon runner...you go girl! well I am glad that someone has got a skinny butt..for some reason my butt has not deflated after this baby..oh well I guess i need to run a marathon...ok i would totally never do that to my body...oh well! love and miss you tons..
Jen is definately got the skinny runners butt. We had a fun time shopping this past week. If only I could squeeze a leg into a sz 2! What is amazing is her lightening speed at which she is running. We want a running picture of you on the sight! Also, you must model some of the great buys at Steve and Barry's that we got. ;)
Jen!
Hey, how are things in Des Moines? Chris liking Nyemaster ok? I think Taylor will be coming for a week or so in the middle of August, so hopefully you guys will still be there.
I'm just discovering that everyone and their mom has a blog. I'm so out of the loop. Anyways, hope you all are great!
www.crazydixes.blogspot.com
Post a Comment