Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Sleep like a baby?

I rock Nate to sleep every night at we sing songs, but last night he was particularly wiggly, so I put him in his pack-and-play to get his wiggles out and shut the door. Usually he will just talk to him self and roll around the crib for a while, then fall asleep. Many times Chris has tried to sneak in with a video camera to record his "whale songs" that he sings while he is rolling around in there. But every time he sneaks in the door, Nate see him and cries and wants to come out. Last night we heard this banging noise coming from his room. Some times he hits his binki or his water cup against the wall so I didn't think anything of it. Chris went to peak in and said he had a pole. I assumed that it was a hanger- his pack and play is by the closet door and I sometimes put hangers on the door knob. Chris wanted to go in, but I knew it would elicit cries, and since he was happy and safe, I said just leave him alone. After he was sound asleep we both went it and I immediately had to leave the room because I burst out in laughter. Our laundry sorter was in his bedroom- ya know, the ones that have 3 bags for different colors of clothes and a frame to hold up the bags. Well, I have no idea how, but Nate dismantled the frame and had the poles in his pack-and-play with him! That is what he was banging against the wall!I have no idea, no idea how he got the hamper close enough to the pack-and-play to dismantle it, let alone how he dismantled it!The things kids do! I am just glad that he didn't hurt himself! Silly mom, I guess I shouldn't underestimate this child.

6 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

A boy thing?!!! Too cute, love the pic.

Heather O'Brien said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny! I love the picture.

hayleyharts said...

Jen I love that my kids are not the only ones that know how to destory things!! That picture totally made me laugh..I love little boys! I better get one someday!!

Candice said...

To funny! Can't wait to see you guys!

Sarah said...

Oh how cute!! He is so precious!

Chereebee said...

That is hilarious!!! That kid is a little monkey boy - getting into everything. Is that what I have to look forward too when Carter starts walking?!?!? Boys are so fun!!!!