
On Saturday my mom took me to the most amazing store at, you will never guess, WESTDALE MALL in CEDAR RAPIDS! The store is called Steve and Barry's. I guess it has been there for 2 years and we never knew about it (sorry Cheree, Hayley, Brooke and all others that have moved!) What makes it so amazing? Well, to start, my heart was racing as I filled my shopping cart with clothes- every thing is so cute and so cheap! Their shirts were all really long, so I don't have to wear a cami to extend the length. Shirts were 2 for $12. They had cute, cute shorts. Shorts and capris were 2 for $22. Earings were something like $1.50. Jeans were $12. Shoes were $10 or less. I could go on, but you have to check it out for yourself! These are not sale prices- sale prices were $2 or so. I will model a couple of outfits when Chris gets home from work tonight and post the pics. Oh and Sarah Jessica Parker's new line Bitten is exclusively carried here. I saw it on Oprah a few months ago. Click here to check it out. Her stuff was a little more expensive (shirts were $8 instead of $6) but there were a little more detailed and definitely cuter! I could have spent a fortune in there because the clothes were Target price for a Gap quality. I have been really pleases with my items so far. If any of them fall apart, I will post and put a disclaimer about them, but until then- go to their website and see if there is one near you! If not, don't worry, they are expanding rapidly. I think I read that they opened 100 stores or so last year alone! So keep watching. They are the fastest growing mall clothings store right now. They go into vacant department store lots in malls- so they are huge! 2 stories with kids clothes and outerwear and guys clothes- nice silk ties for $8! I think their clothes prices were the same as womens- so tops for 2 for $12, etc. Which is great because my husband is like a little boy- he is so hard on his clothes we are constantly patching them or throwing them out!
The picture in the top left corn is of the exterior of the store. It caught me off guard because it looks so blah- so keep your eyes open. If you are going to the one in CR coming off of Hwy. 30 it is the first store you come to. Across the street from Wendy's. Happy shopping!
11 comments:
-k- I think I might cry!!! Why the heck didn't we know about that store?!?!? I'm so glad that your cute mom discovered it! I need pics of you modeling!! :)
oh my oh my!!! I just looked up the website and it says we're getting one here in Murray Utah this year - WAHOO!!
Cheree, you are going to love it! There are so many things that I thought: "Cheree would love this". I even thought about getting you a shirt like one I got for myself and sending it out for a very early birthday present :) I am glad you are getting one in Murray. The don't advertise, people only find out about them by word of mouth- so you will have to tell all of your friends. You will LOVE it!
I may have to send you some money and have you do some shopping for me there!!! I'm SO excited to see you in August!!!
Great photo shoot Jen - you look HOT!! So I am even MORE JEALOUS now!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING!!! Good finds!
So yes I went to that store. I saw Sarah Jessica Parker on Oprah and was so excited to go and see her new line. AND YES IT IS AMAZING! Beau let me go shop there for a few things for my birthday. LOVED IT LOVED IT! I tell everyone about it now. SO who is the hot sexy momma that is modeling that stuff..hehe.
Sarah,
I am outraged that you never told me about this! Just kidding. We will all have to go up to CR together when you get back. I told my mom that I wanted a gift card there for my bday! I am bummed that you are going to be gone with we get home. It seems like that happens a lot- our schedules seem to be opposite. Hope you are enjoying your trip.
Jen
So sad you went without me!!! You will have to take me when I get home (whenever that is..) Love the sexy model shots!! You for sure gave me my one smile today!~
Heather, well it was worth feeling like a complete idiot just to make you smile! Our family's thoughts and prayers are with you right now.
Heather, Sorry I went without you. I had to scout it out before I told everyone about it in case it was a bust. We will for sure go when you get home. I look forward to it!
Jen,
Ya know it is really wierd that our schedules are always opposite...hmmm it really got me thinking...Jen if you don't want to be friends it's cool. HAHAHA...kidding. No, it does suck that we are never around or free at the same time. Maybe this next year will be different though...ya never know.
Post a Comment