Thursday, July 5, 2007

Where are we?

In Des Moines! We are having so much fun in Des Moines this summer. The first week was a little scary being completely on my own with Chris at work all day, but we have really enjoyed Des Moines. It is a great place for families. There are probably 50 parks, 20 of them have wading pools- which is perfect for Nate. They have a zero-entry, sprinklers, the works! And the water only gets 12.5" deep so Nate is free to roam. Plus, we love the zoo. It is great for young kids and we usually go 2x a week.... I know this seems extreme, but we live really close, we bought a pass and my dad brainwashed me to be a penny pincher so I tell myself "Every time I go that season pass is a little cheaper!" And Nate loves it! If anyone is interested in moving here/ taking a day trip let me know and I will give you some tips or you are welcome to come to the zoo with us! We will be here until August 2nd if anyone wants to come visit. There is an amazing farmer's market downtown Saturday mornings. They close down a bunch of streets- it feels a lot like a carnival- food, music, lots of people, fresh kettle corn- yum!

6 comments:

Chereebee said...

HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!! I am so excited that you FINALLY did a blog!!! Nate looks so cute with his new birthday car!! I miss you! I will call you sometime this week... I want to hear all about Nate's b-day!

Jessie Riley said...

YIPPPPPEEEE!
So happy you are now a part of the BLOG WORLD! Welcome... it is a GREAT PLACE TO BE!

[RochelleG] said...

Cute blog Jen! So glad we've finally joined the blog world.

[BrookeO] said...

Love it!
The boys have xbox we have our blog---we are bound to stay in touch. Love ya.

Jen said...

Rochelle,
How funny we both got the blog bug the same week! We must operate on the same brain wave because it seems we do things like that a lot!

Jen said...

Thanks for the welcome guys. I can't wait to see everyone again in August. Jess, we are moving home August 2nd (hooray!) and we can play. Cheree, I will let you know asap when we are coming out for that wedding. Brooke, it sounds like guys have talked about us coming up there at the end of the summer to see that beautiful baby of yours! Rochelle, I will see you Sunday :)