Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Truth

... is out.

I am a wreck.
I don't want to live without Chris.
I don't want to blog.
I don't want to have people come visit.
I don't want to go do anything fun.
I don't want to have friends over.

All things that remind me, "he's not here!!!" and " I wish he was here!"

I am so tired of living without him.
It hurts.
A lot.
Physically.
It makes me tired.
It makes me anxious.
It makes me sad.
It makes me cry.

I have been dragging my feel for the last six months that he has become MIA refusing to "go on" without him. I am like a spoiled little brat whose parents are dragging her out of the house and I am going limp so they have to carry my full weight. I am grabbing on door jams and anything I can get my hands on to stop the progression.

I don't want to go on.

But I have to.
I have these beautiful, amazing, wonderful little boys to make life magical for.
I can give them better than this.

But even as I type this I cringe at the thought of "moving on" without him. I feel like I am "mourning" him and if I stop, he will feel less important to me (I know that's not true, he tells me every day all he wants is for me and the boys to be happy). Nonetheless, I still feel that way. I feel like I am betraying him by moving on. Or, more so, accepting that this is life.

....
...
..


I have two little string beans to get out of the tub and in to jammies. I will finish this post after books and bed and family prayer (via phone with Dad at work).

4 comments:

Jamie Ortega said...

The truth hurts. My kids go days without seeing their dad becasue he is working, working hard to provide for us and make our lives better, but most nights as I sit on the couch with the kids in bed I cry because I dont have a husband who is home to love me the kids.

LCFrohm said...

holy crap! i had no idea the life of a lawyer's wife (& family).
i just want to give you a big big hug.
and i hope that someday it gets better. i can speak about the medical field. and post-residency, it gets better. but i don't know about lawyers.
love to you.
love to those boys.
love to your hubby.
sending wishes and thoughts of togetherness soon.

ayoungblut said...

What's your mother to do? I can't fix this! Life,...ugh somedays and wow the others. Just hang on for the ride and enjoy the moments cuz there are no do overs.

Sarah said...

Jen,
Holy smokes, where have I been. Oh that's right M.I.A. I haven't been doing the blogging lately. But I just read through your posts and just wish I was closer. I am sorry for this trial in life. I think your words describe exactly how I would feel if it were me in your shoes. I just wish I was there to make you some popcorn cake....with DOTS! Love ya woman!