Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Favorite Things: New Moon Soundtrack

I stumbled upon this soundtrack while looking up some indie bands on itunes.
On a whim, I purchased it.

A year later, I still love it.

Some songs are inspirationally beautiful.
Some are kick-butt rocking tunes I run to.
Some that make me want to learn to play the guitar.
Some are moody and haunting and heart-aching and are good to sing at the top of my lungs when I am missing Chris;)
(just kidding)
(kind of)
Some I dance to in the kitchen with the boys while making dinner.

Not convinced? Check out these reviews:

"On a good day, film soundtracks enhance the moviegoing experience. At their best, they transcend it. The latest sonic accompaniment toTwilight's inescapable teen-vampire juggernaut — a swooning conveyance of girl-meets-undead-boy romance, delivered by some of the best established and emerging names in the indie stratosphere — may sway even the most committed Twi-loathers." (link here)

"Music supervisor Alexandra Patsavas of Chop Shop (The OC,Chuck, Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy) gives instant credibility to the proceedings, and comes through with a mix of tunes that will floor Twilighters and Twi-loathers alike.
The indie-flavored soundtrack features the already-released single by Death Cab for Cutie, "Meet Me On the Equinox," as well as songs by Radiohead's Thom Yorke, The Killers, Muse, Band of Skulls, Grizzly Bear, Anya Marina, Sea Wolf, OK Go, Bon Iver with St. Vincent, and more. If you have any interest in this genre at all, you've likely already heard Death Cab's contribution. It's as melancholic a song as you might expect from the band, but the bouncy rhythm keeps it from falling into the darkness entirely. Emerging UK rockers Band of Skulls bring their trademark riff-laden swagger to "Friends," a track that quickly assures the listener of New Moon's multi-dimensional sound -- this is going to be much more than a collection of forlorn mellow love songs.....
What they've amassed here is a solid collection of pleasing indie-tinged music that's remarkably artistic considering its commercial origins. And while we've no doubt that it'll provide a killer sonic backdrop for the upcoming film, this is a soundtrack that's strong enough to stand firmly on its own. " (link here)


LISTEN HERE
(#6 is my fave.)

1 comment:

Trudy said...

I would like to see you and the boys dancing to that in the kitchen. I used to sing the blues to Chris when he was in the high chair and I was making meals for him. (Scary, isn't it? Could be the source of any problem he's ever had, eh?)