Friday, August 17, 2007

A Very Happy Anniversary to me!

Anniversary #4


Last night we actually went on a date! This is a huge accomplishment for us because either I am too cheap or Chris doesn't feel good about leaving Nate- but we did it! We went to Joseph's Steak House downtown IC. It was soo good. Chris, of course, ordered a steak. It was delicious. I ordered their fettucini alfredo and whipped potatoes. The potatoes were amazing. Chris even liked them and he doesn't like potatoes unless they are fat fried or loaded with cheese. Chris's parent's watched Nate at their house while we went to dinner. He hardly even noticed us when we came back he was having so much fun. Thanks Grandma Trudy! Then we brought him home to put him to sleep (ha!) and went to a late show of Stardust while Trudy and Steve (Chris's parents) watched Nate here. The little rascal is completely off of his schedule from all of the travel so when we left for the movie at 9:30 he was still jabbering away in his crib. The only reason this bothered me was because he climbed out of his crib earlier in the week and so not I like to listen at his door until he's asleep to make sure we don't let the belly flop out of the crib happen again. He started crying as we left ( I swear he has a 6th sense and can tell when we are going to do something fun) and Grandma Trudy came to the rescue and rocked him to sleep. Stardust was very cute, happy ending, but lots of killing.
I am so grateful to have a sweet, romantic husband (Check out my necklace). He worked so hard in school this past year and I am so proud of all the sacrifices he makes for our little family.

9 comments:

Chereebee said...

HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I love you guys!!! Glad you had a fun night ALONE!! :)
ps you look GORGEOUS Jen!!!! You've motivated me to pick up the pace running!!!!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

That is a great pict. of you two! And the necklace is so nice - he picked that out on his own? Dave keeps asking me to go with him to Stardust - I don't know anything about it though so we haven't gone. But if you liked it I may have to finally go with him!
Glad you had a fun night out!
Tricia

Anonymous said...

Jen, you do look pretty hot! Happy Anniversary... how many years? Chris has good taste with the necklace.

Sarah said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
I Love that Necklace. You look gorgeous! I'm glad that you guys got to enjoy an evening. I know how rare those are. Okay well I will see you soon.

Jen said...

Chelise- anniversary #4
Tricia- yes he picked it out all by him self! Chris really liked precious and semi-precious jems, stones, etc. when he was growing up, so he is great at picking out jewlery. He got this necklace at a store called Glassando in Old Capital Mall. It is made of Italian glass beads. I will wear it on Sunday, you will have to check it out. The clasp is magnetic which is great because if Nate tugs on it, it will just fall off instead of breaking! Stardust is cute, but remember, lots of killing.
Sarah- excited to see you!!
Cheree- you go girl! We will run a marathon together someday!

So I was looking at that picture that I posted and it looks like I have a cleavage shadow on my right chest next to Chris. I clicked on the picture and it is just a lock of my extremely long hair! Ha!

Jessie Riley said...

YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFIL. I'm sure I'm not the first to say it. I haven't read everyone else's comments... but... OH MY!

Hope you had fun... Joseph's is yummy... yummy!

Heather O'Brien said...

You look so cute Jen! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

[BrookeO] said...

I have always thought you were gorgeous, but girl look at you! I think anniversary's get better every year --- wonder what Cruss will get his "girlfriend" for their anniv.!!??

Jen said...

You guys are too nice!