Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's gettin' hot in here


It was 90+ degrees today.
Hottest day ever.
...this year.


After our daily water fight we decided the next thing to do was crank up the oven (which also doubles as a furnace). To be fair, we have had butter "softening" for a number of days (too embarrassed to say how many) with plans to make cookies. When the boys begged to do it today, the excuse "it's too hot outside to bake cookies today" sounded lame, even to myself.


No big deal. Just strip down to undies and crank up the air.

This goes against all of my instincts. My dad teases that I am cut from the same mold as his mother who will not turn on a single light in the house unless it is absolutely necessary. So I only turn the air conditioning on when Chris is home, and leave the lights off all day. I am an energy conserve(r) (unfortunately, more for frugality instead of environmental reasons..) but I make exceptions... especially when they involve chocolate. So down,down down went the air conditioning.

The sugar coated cherry on top, Chris came home for dinner! We made a quick walk to the library, which, to Andy, means the fountain too. I am going to kick off a reading challenge with the boys tomorrow. More on that later. We went to pick up some books in anticipation.


love,
J.