Thursday, June 9, 2011

Park Review: Indian Creek Park


Indian Creek Park is the park I blogged about on Monday. We returned again today, but with a camera, pirate swords and treasure.

I wanted to snap some pictures of our secret park for you guys (that's what we call it first, because we didn't actually know the name and second, it's not on the map! literally! third- no one is ever there. Pretty good evidence it's a secret).


"Big Playground"

Anyway, pirate swords. treasure. basically playing "capture the flag" with the boys (we picked up a friend on the way so we would have even numbers). So. much. fun!

I took my book again thinking I would sit on a bench and read while the boys play.
haha
haha
ha

Okay, let's be honest. Running around playing tag or hide and seek with a 2 yr old and 4 yr old is fun for about..... 30 minutes (and that's stretching it). We played "pirates" for 2 hours! And I had fun! Andy and I were the militia who were trying to seize the king's stolen treasure. Nate and friend, pirates. At one point Nate had a brilliant idea and hid the treasure box under wood chips. I would have never found it if he had not jumped on top of it when we were walking by the area.

(swinging monkey bars)

"Little Playground"


Okay, bloggers I want to hear:
HOW DO YOU MAKE PARK OUTINGS MORE FUN?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! I figured out how to add the comment box back!

vanessa said...

It's a little outdated for my kids ages now but this is a blog post I wrote 2 years ago of park tips: http://merrickandvanessa.blogspot.com/2009/09/park-rules-for-moms.html